Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

At the docks

Well that's collections back a month I suspect. if the dealerships stay open which I think not collecting your van or our van is a non essential journey, it is what it is.

Its been good to follow people collecting their new Grand Californias... I have been trying to figure out when mine will arrive based on your experiences.

I Ordered late September and was given a provisional/theoretical build week of 46. Next week!

Unfortunately, I was advised of my actual build week on Saturday... Week 2 2021. Has anyone else had their build date slip backwards? The thought of the import duty is sickening... and the fact they charge vat on top of that duty!

G.

Its been good to follow people collecting their new Grand Californias... I have been trying to figure out when mine will arrive based on your experiences.

I Ordered late September and was given a provisional/theoretical build week of 46. Next week!

Unfortunately, I was advised of my actual build week on Saturday... Week 2 2021. Has anyone else had their build date slip backwards? The thought of the import duty is sickening... and the fact they charge vat on top of that duty!

G.
All I can say is that whenever you do get it, you’ll enjoy it. Spent about another 10k on all the extras - generator, awning, fitted sheets, carpets, TV, etc. I know the daily driver brigade disagree but this gives us space, a super comfy bed, a shower and toilet and space......

All I can say is that whenever you do get it, you’ll enjoy it.

Yes - but not sure if i can afford the duty on top of an already expensive vehicle. Happy to spend 10k on options and accessories. Less happy to 'donate' it to the government!

I Ordered
Yes - but not sure if i can afford the duty on top of an already expensive vehicle. Happy to spend 10k on options and accessories. Less happy to 'donate' it to the government!
i think there will be a deal but if not I wouldn’t buy at the increased price, I think I would get secondhand sprinter and get a company to do a bespoke fit out.

We ordered our 680 in mid July. collected last Friday 30th October

Ha ha we should have swapped I'm going from very far North of Scotland to the deepest south (Crawley) for mine.
Hi Bob, did you manage to pick your van up before lockdown? If not what has your dealer advised? Mines still in northern Germany at the port, I’m told it’s still about 3 weeks away! Not that I’d be able to pick up now anyway.

Hi Bob, did you manage to pick your van up before lockdown? If not what has your dealer advised? Mines still in northern Germany at the port, I’m told it’s still about 3 weeks away! Not that I’d be able to pick up now anyway.
Hi Simon, ours is also at the German Port waiting to come over. We ordered from Guy in Preston and he said that we can still ‘click and collect’.... trying to find information to see if thats possible or not :eek:

Hi Simon, ours is also at the German Port waiting to come over. We ordered from Guy in Preston and he said that we can still ‘click and collect’.... trying to find information to see if thats possible or not :eek:
Mine's also at the docks, ordered from Guy + Preston. Might bump into you if I can click-and-collect:cheers

Mines also a Guy from Preston mine is currently still enjoying a 3 week trip on the production line in Hannover :(

Hi Simon no not yet it's been stuck at Sheerness for a week hopefully be transported to dealer early next week. Then hopefully dealer delivery to border. How is your one progressing?
Dealer emails suggest they are delivering FOC within England to avoid showroom handovers.

Last edited:
Mine's also at the docks, ordered from Guy + Preston. Might bump into you if I can click-and-collect:cheers
That's encouraging that we may be able to collect! I just assumed we'd have to wait until after lockdown especially as I've got to come from the southwest. I'll just be glad to hear its on british soil and no worries about any potential no deal tariffs if it was delayed in Germany. Its going to be a strange pick up though paying thousands of pounds to a masked man in a deserted town! but it'll be a fantastic trip home even though I've never driven an automatic before! If we're all there at the same time we can leave together in convoy -Haha

Hi Simon no not yet it's been stuck at Sheerness for a week hopefully be transported to dealer early next week. Then hopefully dealer delivery to border. How is your one progressing?
Dealer emails suggest they are delivering FOC within England to avoid showroom handovers.
I'm glad yours is nearly with you Bob, very exciting! Interesting about the potential FOC delivery, I'll have to ask my dealer about that nearer the time.
Mines still in northern Germany but should only be a few weeks, all being well.

i think there will be a deal but if not I wouldn’t buy at the increased price, I think I would get secondhand sprinter and get a company to do a bespoke fit out.

Good news on the possible tarrifs post Jan 1st. VW have announced a Price Promise that covers any additional duty!

Califonia Chris + VW covered this in his recent video along with some factory updates.

I ought to add - any orders placed prior to the 2nd of December will be covered by this Price Promise.

That's encouraging that we may be able to collect! I just assumed we'd have to wait until after lockdown especially as I've got to come from the southwest. I'll just be glad to hear its on british soil and no worries about any potential no deal tariffs if it was delayed in Germany. Its going to be a strange pick up though paying thousands of pounds to a masked man in a deserted town! but it'll be a fantastic trip home even though I've never driven an automatic before! If we're all there at the same time we can leave together in convoy -Haha
Top tip is to pretend you only have one leg, get the left leg right out the way

Top tip is to pretend you only have one leg, get the left leg right out the way
Good tip!
Are really steep hill starts difficult? Do you just bury the throttle instead of slipping the clutch until moving or do you just pull off the same as you would on the level and it takes care if it’s self?

Good tip!
Are really steep hill starts difficult? Do you just bury the throttle instead of slipping the clutch until moving or do you just pull off the same as you would on the level and it takes care if it’s self?
Steep hills are bliss now, I was a manual owner for so long and swore by them! Now I’m converted to auto as it’s magic!
Bit like a bumper car at the fair just a general push and off you go!
The only think I miss is the gear braking on very steep down hills.

Steep hills are bliss now, I was a manual owner for so long and swore by them! Now I’m converted to auto as it’s magic!
Bit like a bumper car at the fair just a general push and off you go!
The only think I miss is the gear braking on very steep down hills.
Stick it into manual mode, just move the lever to the right and it acts as a sequential box.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Back