Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Atera DL2?

44danno

Hi I have searched and looked into many posts on this bike rack question.
Would anyone actually know if the Atera DL2 works with the T5 or not.
The internet is full of conflicting information and hoped someone may have tried the DL2.
I really don’t want the DL3 because of its size.
Kind regards Karl

I have a DL2.

Works fine. Takes two chunky E-bikes with ease. T6 but no difference. I have not tried tilting it back with bikes on though to get into tailgate. I make sure everything I want from the tailgate is done and dusted before loading bikes on. With bikes off its no problem.

I have a DL2.

Works fine. Takes two chunky E-bikes with ease. T6 but no difference. I have not tried tilting it back with bikes on though to get into tailgate. I make sure everything I want from the tailgate is done and dusted before loading bikes on. With bikes off its no problem.
Hi thank you for your reply. So the tailgate can open passing the rack?

Hi thank you for your reply. So the tailgate can open passing the rack?

With bikes off, yes.

Will take a pic tomorrow for you.

Currently parked up with rack fitted.

A guy on Facebook found he couldn't open the tailgate with the dl2 with bikes fitted. I thought he didn't even clear the upright part of the rack, but maybe that folds down

A guy on Facebook found he couldn't open the tailgate with the dl2 with bikes fitted. I thought he didn't even clear the upright part of the rack, but maybe that folds down
Thanks for the info. I suppose if it clears the rack, the handlebars could be swivelled .thanks again K

With bikes on - NO...
Get the DL3 if you want to slide and clear the tailgate with bikes attached.

Thanks for the help

Are you still wanting anything?

Right from the beginning I said the tailgate can open with bikes off but not with. Reading the last few messages the discussion is all about getting into the tailgate with bikes on.

Yes the DL2 fits onto the lowball on a T5 just as it does with a T6 and yes, you can access the rear, i.e. open the tailgate, with the bikes off as the upright sections simply fold forward.

Are you still wanting anything?

Right from the beginning I said the tailgate can open with bikes off but not with. Reading the last few messages the discussion is all about getting into the tailgate with bikes on.

Yes the DL2 fits onto the lowball on a T5 just as it does with a T6 and yes, you can access the rear, i.e. open the tailgate, with the bikes off as the upright sections simply fold forward.
Hi thanks again for the kind information. Everyone has been very helpful. No more help needed. As always very informative. Kind regards K

Back