Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Attaching a word file to a thread - can I? and if so how?

Bramco

Bramco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi,

Just tried to attach an MS Word file to a thread but it didn't seem to like it. Can I do this and if so how?

Hmm. You'd have thought that the 'Attach File' button would do that. But anyway, now I know I'll post the file I was going to post.

OK John, I'm being very thick here obviously; but I go to File Manager on a Windows machine, copy the file I want to attach. Click in the text of the thread I want the file attached to and nothing happens.....

I don't want to paste the text it's 6 pages or more. I want to post the file itself so that anyone wanting to make use of it can simply download a copy and make any amendments they want to.

OK John, I'm being very thick here obviously; but I go to File Manager on a Windows machine, copy the file I want to attach. Click in the text of the thread I want the file attached to and nothing happens.....

I don't want to paste the text it's 6 pages or more. I want to post the file itself so that anyone wanting to make use of it can simply download a copy and make any amendments they want to.

Could you convert it to a PDF file then upload it. Sorry but i use a MacBook Pro
When you click on the thread, do you then paste it?

That's not that great. What I want to post is something other people could make use of by editing it to meet their own circumstances. So a pdf won't hack it, cos no one would be able to edit it.

Maybe I'll just paste in the text - but it kind of defeats the object. Never mind.

That's not that great. What I want to post is something other people could make use of by editing it to meet their own circumstances. So a pdf won't hack it, cos no one would be able to edit it.

Maybe I'll just paste in the text - but it kind of defeats the object. Never mind.
This all sounds very interesting. Had you thought about hosting the file on Google Drive or another ‘cloud’ service and then sharing the link to it on the forum? People could then download and amend at their leisure. Whatever it might be?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just posted a Van Guide / User Guide. Had to use Google drive in the end which isn't ideal as I think things like this should maybe be collected. Perhaps there needs to be a system where folks can request a moderator to upload a file of this type once it's been agreed that it would be useful.