Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Attn T6.1 LED Headlight owners

Loz

Loz

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Can any new 6.1 owners with LED factory headlights see if they can find the travel mode settings for driving on the right?
If you can, please take a screenshot and post with the menu path you used to get there.

I’ll have a look when I’m back in UK from Denmark. Buzz is at BHX. From what I know when searching for this function 1 month ago, when I drove to Paris, the function isn’t there. And tbh the lights are pointed down so much there is little light coming out of the LED headlights anyhoo

Just checked our 6.1 Ocean which has LED headlights as standard. Nothing in the "Light" sub-menu that allows you to adjust the LEDs.

Same here 6.1 Ocean. Helpful manual as usual, which bounces you between two pages. I'm sure I read somewhere during the months of waiting that this option was provided. I can't however find anything in the VW brochure or documentation stating this. Dangers of complicated systems and internet rabbit-holes.

Attachments

• IMG_8681.jpeg
    IMG_8681.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8682.jpeg
    IMG_8682.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8683.jpeg
    IMG_8683.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8685.jpeg
    IMG_8685.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8686.jpeg
    IMG_8686.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8687.jpeg
    IMG_8687.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 87
Johna. do your LED headlights have a kick up on the left hand side, or is the beam perfectly flat when in dipped mode.?

I was under the impression, not sure where I read it that some things such as active cornering lights, the active lane assist & the auto dipping headlights were disabled in travel mode.

Do you think VW have been really clever & use the sat nav to work out where the van is & automatically set the lights accordingly?

So, what has transpired is that the dip beam unit in the 6.1 has a raised pattern, not the same as the T6 but enough for German TuV to reject a UK T6.1.

The owner has been told that there is no travel mode anymore and if they want to change the beam pattern he has to visit the dealer to change it on ODIS.
He has been to the dealer and they can't do it.

Hence why I wanted to see if anyone has managed to find a menu option to do this otherwise its going to be PiTA for UK owners to travel abroad if they can't adjust this.

Looking at the parts catalogue, there are now different dip beam internals for RHD and LHD vehicles where on the T6 it was the same module(that could be controlled with Travel Mode).

So back to putting stickers on the headlights for Uk vans if we ever are allowed back into Europe?
& permanent residents need to change the light unit.

What a PIA o_O
Thats going backwards

Apparently some VW vehicles with LED headlights have the capability in the Car Entertainment System menu.

Apparently some VW vehicles with LED headlights have the capability in the Car Entertainment System menu.
I once had a VAG car that changed the headlights automatically
as soon as i entered the UK
linked in with the Navi

I Have a 6.1 and also can't find an answer . My dealer told me its in the settings menu but it obviously isn't . I was then told you "probably" don't have to because of the flat beam . This actually makes sense but it would be nice to know before traveling !

Two of my T6.1 have been into Europe this year without any issues or the use of beam deflectors. Just got lucky?

The 6.1 LED headlights do look like they have a flat beam. I’ve driven for 2 separate weeks in Paris with no issues. The beam dosent look like a normal “pointing to the left“ headlight

The 6.1 LED headlights do look like they have a flat beam. I’ve driven for 2 separate weeks in Paris with no issues. The beam dosent look like a normal “pointing to the left“ headlight
Except a guy on the T6F has exported his van to Munich and the TuV testing station has rejected it.

The Golf 8 which shares the same electronics platform as the 6.1, with the same menus has the travel option, so it looks like the menu option has not been enabled on the Transporter. It might be possible to enable this with VCDS?

Last edited:
Except a guy on the T6F has exported his van to Munich and the TuV testing station has rejected it.

The Golf 8 which shares the same electronics platform as the 6.1, with the same menus has the travel option, so it looks like the menu option has not been enabled on the Transporter. It might be possible to enable this with VCDS?
So, is there a difference between coding for German and U.K. vehicles or different part numbers for the LED headlights?

I appears so, different Part Numbers.

DDD7B00F-3CA1-4B60-9F93-D92EE8D7BD10.jpeg

Last edited:
So, is there a difference between coding for German and U.K. vehicles or different part numbers for the LED headlights?

I appears so, different Part Numbers.

View attachment 70668
I’m guessing the catalogue is wrong... 3 for right hand side and only 1 for left hand side...

Back