Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Audio/Nav turns off every few minutes - unusable

M

mrat

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have tried searching and found no mention of this issue - if there is already a thead open I apologise!

Our T6.1 Ocean has the Discover media headunit and it has been tempermental since we bought it (new, 18 months ago). Initially it would turn itself off, but only when it was very hot/on long journeys over 4 hours. Recently it has got considerably worse to the point where it turns off (then back on again) every few minutes. We have had to resort to using a bluetooth speaker for music!

I wondered if anyone has experienced something similar? I'm going to speak to the garage, but I'm certain they will just do a reset which I'm not convinced will change anything as it was already reset about a year ago.

Thanks!

Sounds like the Amp is hitting thermal shut off, is the dash hot or are you running heat via the blowers at the time? If you leave it off for 10/15 min or run the AC via the dash vents does it start working again? Either way it shouldn’t be doing it and is a manufacturering/ chip fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply - I forgot to add that unfortunately it is happening even when cold now - so I don't think it is a thermally triggered shutdown - though maybe. It will happen within 5 minutes of starting the car now (fingers crossed it still does it at the dealer :D)!

If you can film it to show the dealer incase it doesn’t happen there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assume you will have tried a reset?

Got the van back from the garage and they told me that it's a known problem with the software - and that I just have to wait until an update appears sometime in the future. Interesting that if it's a known problem no one has reported it on here yet though!

Got the van back from the garage and they told me that it's a known problem with the software - and that I just have to wait until an update appears sometime in the future. Interesting that if it's a known problem no one has reported it on here yet though!
Our 2019 unit has started playing up - not switching on and ApplePlay not connecting via USB. There's another thread on here with @Perfectos quoting something from SatNav Systems saying it is a known problem. I think there are some threads on a T6 forum with similar issues.
I am contacting the dealer tomorrow so will update on their response.

Our 2019 unit has started playing up - not switching on and ApplePlay not connecting via USB. There's another thread on here with @Perfectos quoting something from SatNav Systems saying it is a known problem. I think there are some threads on a T6 forum with similar issues.
How did it go at the dealer? Did you manage to get yours resolved?

Our dealer has said the same thing - it might be fixed in weeks or months, they have no idea.

Have been using a bluetooth speaker for music which is crap, but ok - but having the navigation switch off all the time though is infuriating when you're trying to drive somewher new!

Hi. Didn't get much sense out of them over the phone but it is booked in next week so hopefully will have an update then.

We have had the same issue on the T6.1 it got better when we put fatter tyrea on, but has now come back. after an hour we get white noise on the apple play, noise on a phone call and random turn off. it been back to VW 4 times to 3 dealerships, we have raised a complaint but VW don’t appear to care, we have tried everything. It’s very disappointing. But VW have you totally over a barrel. We have decided to just live with it and use the radio

Back