Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aurora Borealis

Loz2286

Loz2286

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Loads of chat on the news channels last night about a superb display of the Aurora Borealis even as far South as the IoW and Cornwall. I looked for ages last night from my home but saw nothing, probably due to the high levels of light pollution in the area. Anyone get any pictures?

Extra points if your California is in shot too!

amazingly i spotted it briefly from the m18 last night around 3 am. faint green arc, i went some where dark for a better view and guess what ? nothing at all for an hour. so i went to bed. grrrrr. tonight the forecast is stronger. heres some tips. obviously dark,away from light,good horizon. look north etc but also try looking through a phone or tablet camera as these often pick out what the naked eye can't see. good luck everyone

Think I saw something. Can’t be sure.
‘Friend’ of ours is currently on a short break in Iceland to see the Northern lights.
Strangely satisfying to hear she needn’t have bothered.

Think I saw something. Can’t be sure.
‘Friend’ of ours is currently on a short break in Iceland to see the Northern lights.
Strangely satisfying to hear she needn’t have bothered.
True. But the lights up there will be supercharged by this storm giving very bright spectacular displays and almost a guaranteed sighting

This was on the News at 6 tonight, amazing
AB. Stonehenge.jpg

Back