Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Austria?

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We’ve got the guidebooks, but would be interested in the inside knowledge for us Californites. Any do’s and don’ts? Recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure when you plan to go but I do have some experience. How typical it is I am not sure. I was there last summer solo camping (I had taken my wife to the airport following a trip via Holland, Belgium, France, Italy etc., to earn a few more pennies as I swanned round Europe)!
It was in July and it rained, rained and rained for four days non stop with a peak mid-day temperature of 10 C. Not what I was expecting. This was in a place called Reutte near the German border. (I was going to the Castle at Hohenschwangau in Germany).
I am not sure how typical this is but I post it just to suggest you may need to be prepared for UK type weather!

We
We’ve got the guidebooks, but would be interested in the inside knowledge for us Californites. Any do’s and don’ts? Recommendations?

We have camped at Pettneu Camping Arlberg in the winter. Private bathroom on most camp spots plus an indoor spa/pool. Great facilities and friendly hosts. Plenty of summer alpine activities to choose from. We were looking at a stop over at Vienna this summer but some of the site reviews were truly awful. To the extent it put us off! Hope you have a good trip.

Been to Austria a few times mountain hiking and staying in the huts overnight on the mountain . Only went once in the Cali and camped two weeks at a very good site in Langenfeld (Otztall) .
Austria has got lots good camping facilities and is very touristque .
First you need to chose witch region you want to go and work from there

As in all mountain regions and on high altitude the weather can change within' a few hours and you need to be prepared .

Summer in the mountains is great and to me i prefer it above beachhollidays , don't like to swim anyway ....

Should have mentioned that we are planning to go for three weeks July/August. Also, we would like to do all of it! Or, the good bits – as defined by you all! Yes, Vienna for 2 / 3 days, and definitely get into the hills too for some walking.