Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auto sliding side door beep

CLARA

CLARA

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi,
Do's anyone know if it's possible to turn off the beeping sound on the T5 auto sliding side door when it's closing. My wife is worried that it may wake up sleeping camping neighbours if we need to use it late at night.

I find it is better to switch it to manual when camping you can then open it just enough to get in and out without letting all the heat out and no bleeping.

Hi Jeff, thanks for the info.....I've just found the switch, to put the door on manual.
Cheers

Ther was a thread re this a year or so back, I seem to remember the technical solution was to put a screwdriver through the speaker/buzzer unit that was making the beep.

Cheers Andy,
My wife did suggest that. But after laying her down in a dark quiet spot with a damp flannel on her forehead, she calmed down.

Also worth switching to manual (we do!) to save the battery!!!

Dare I ask where the manual switch is and if switched of I presume the self assist action is cut off !

Switch is on the dash - its the one other than the one you can press to open it, if its red its off.
Yes it stop all self assist but then does not drain the battery or make the beeps

With the auto door switched off my power closing still works ok. Perhaps they changed on facelift ones.

Yes, the power closing (bit at the end where it pulls in) will still work; this is also on non-power assist Calis I think. The dash button disables the motorised sliding

Our sliding door was nothing but grief so left it off the option list on our new one

I would never have another - proof of "one more thing to go wrong"! But I can understand that some folks want the assistance.

The only thing I find when I disable the door,is that it's heavy to move compared to a cali with a conventional non assisted door, or is this just mine,:) it's as if you are spinning the motor.

The only thing I find when I disable the door,is that it's heavy to move compared to a cali with a conventional non assisted door, or is this just mine,:) it's as if you are spinning the motor.
No it's not just yours. That's normal.