Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Automatrics MTrack Anybody Using It?

Interesting, but as they said at the end - they felt violated, had no confidence in their caravan and in fact sold it. Fortunately their confidence returned and they bought another one.
That's my feeling as well. Very good insurance, common sense anti-theft precautions but if it is stolen then I don't want it back and if it is recovered will probably bee sold ASAP and replaced.
I'm all for precautions to STOP the vehicle being stolen, ideally something like 10,000 volts through the steering wheel,but systems to recover it, NO.:thumb

You can put together your own cheap Chinese tracker system for under £50, £18:00 will buy you the chinese tracker unit with inbuilt lithium battery backup, , £10.00 for a M2M Geosim, free roaming, Global SIM card, £10.00 for 32gb micro SD memory card, £5.00 for a 12v to 5v USB power supply module, hide it high in your vehicle and hard wire all in to your leisure battery circuit, set up the tracker in Geofence mode so it sends for example 5 x automatic position, time and google map locations over a 20 minute period with vehicle speed, as texts to you mobile smart phone. If your vehicle moves outside the preset geo fence location, you get automatic alert were its heading, time and how fast, you can then interrogate its location by text or phone call. Don't advertise you've fitted it, don't be put off by 'nay sayers' muttering about thieves using jammer systems ...

Rgrds,

Rob H.

I am looking for a theft protection and ran into this British company: http://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/buy.html#
Is anybody using their devices and services?

You can put together your own cheap Chinese tracker system for under £50, £18:00 will buy you the chinese tracker unit with inbuilt lithium battery backup, , £10.00 for a M2M Geosim, free roaming, Global SIM card, £10.00 for 32gb micro SD memory card, £5.00 for a 12v to 5v USB power supply module, hide it high in your vehicle and hard wire all in to your leisure battery circuit, set up the tracker in Geofence mode so it sends for example 5 x automatic position, time and google map locations over a 20 minute period with vehicle speed, as texts to you mobile smart phone. If your vehicle moves outside the preset geo fence location, you get automatic alert were its heading, time and how fast, you can then interrogate its location by text or phone call. Don't advertise you've fitted it, don't be put off by 'nay sayers' muttering about thieves using jammer systems ...

Rgrds,

Rob H.
I wonder would people buy a Chinese camper and fill it with homemade petrol ?

Having talked to the couple concerned their possessions were ransacked in the 8 hour period before the self powered tracking unit awoke to enable the caravan to be successfully located. They forgot to arm the movement sensor with their remote control otherwise the tracking unit would have woken up from its non-scan-able SIM card sleep mode to immediately send a silent alert to a 24/7 alarm monitoring facility and live track any illegal movement. In this case the caravan would have most likely been returned in minutes with belongings intact. In seeing the inside of this stolen caravan first hand one could clearly see where the criminals removed several panels looking for wiring looms to trace to search out for less covert or DIY wired in tracking devices.

On the plus side the system was clearly proven as the bandit was caught and sent to prison and the owners avoided a huge £24K theft loss policy holder insurance claim, something which can not be blamed on a third party. Such a high value insurance claim would undoubtedly have hiked up their insurance premiums and dented their insurance profile for at least 5 years. These days insurers will share claim profiles and as with your credit rating they can cost you dearly not kept in check.