Aux heating difference?

Ch1pbutty

Ch1pbutty

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi,

We recently purchased a 2012 Beach and want to know what the difference is between the two heating systems.

There are 2 stickers on the door, and we have one remote. Both indicate that they use diesel.
If you use the remote, 30min timer comes on followed by a nice hot blast! What does the other one do, are we missing a remote or is it automatic?

Many thanks

757CA1E7-2521-42EF-8C93-701FDB033D53.jpeg68E3C196-3394-47CF-966B-2B8A31D3C7D5.jpeg

One is the “domestic” heater that can be controlled using the remote or the control panel (assuming Beach is the same as Ocean). The other , the Webasto, is a pre heater for the engine, it switches on automatically when you start up, if the temperature is below 5 degrees. It helps get the engine up to its optimal running temperature.

Cheers thats great!

Yes, has also control panel that allows you to adjust run time, temp etc.

(.....Winter apres-surf will be alot more comfortable!)

The coolant heater from the remote will run for a max of 30 mins and uses the engine battery, but can demist your windows as well as warm the engine. It wont come on if you have less than 1/4 tank of fuel I believe.

The domestic as per above.

The coolant heater from the remote will run for a max of 30 mins and uses the engine battery, but can demist your windows as well as warm the engine. It wont come on if you have less than 1/4 tank of fuel I believe.

The domestic as per above.
I didn't think there was a remote for the coolant heater, at least not for newer vehicles ( mines 2013 & I don't have one).

I didn't think there was a remote for the coolant heater, at least not for newer vehicles ( mines 2013 & I don't have one).
Extra kit needed as far as I know, at least on t5. Fitted on mine & as Matt says is great for defrosting screen & getting heater working sooner in winter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the info - all clear.

The VW manual shows 2 different remotes so was just making sure I wasn’t missing anything....as couldn’t see the logic of having van key remote, and then two further remotes!

E1DF853F-0E7C-4D87-82CF-F79DB5120E40.jpeg