Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary Heater start up

Vixitrix

Vixitrix

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Some help please if possible!
I have recently purchased a Cali Ocean T6, ‘17 plate. We have only used the aux heater twice. It worked last night after rebooting the control system but this morning it is dead again.

The orange light on the control panel comes on and the LCD display shows the aux heater icon but nothing else happens. The fan doesn’t start up and all is quiet. It has worked once when I followed advice in other threads about the VW Diagnostic and rebooted the control panel. No error codes are displayed and the reboot trick didn’t work again.

I suspect a trip to the dealer will be an expensive waste of time as my dog knows more about the van than they do.

Ask your dog if it is set on a high enough heat setting ??
Good Luck with it ......

Some help please if possible!
I have recently purchased a Cali Ocean T6, ‘17 plate. We have only used the aux heater twice. It worked last night after rebooting the control system but this morning it is dead again.

The orange light on the control panel comes on and the LCD display shows the aux heater icon but nothing else happens. The fan doesn’t start up and all is quiet. It has worked once when I followed advice in other threads about the VW Diagnostic and rebooted the control panel. No error codes are displayed and the reboot trick didn’t work again.

I suspect a trip to the dealer will be an expensive waste of time as my dog knows more about the van than they do.
Leisure Batteries charged?
At least 1/4 tank of fuel?

I assume you have set on a high setting not on 1 when it's 20 degrees in the Cali ....that way it will not kick in.

I've heard of this fault being a loose connector behind the control panel. Get the dog to have a look using his little tool belt. Theres info in the manual about removing the panel to do an emergency roof lower so get the dog to read that bit first

Last edited:
I've heard of this fault being a loose connector behind the control panel. Get the dog to have a look using his little tool belt. Theres info in the manual about removing the panel to do an emergency roof lower so get the dog to read that bit first

And make you snap it on camera to share with us....:D

Also, check these Fuses are seated properly. Both are 25A fuses

Panel behind the wine cooler.

Under the passenger seat.

Ah thanks so much. Perhaps a stupid question but is the wine cooler just another name for the fridge?

Devastated - mine is just a bin. Thought I could take the bin out, flick a switch and chill my pino

Our dog says it's a wine cooler and uses an air con vent to chill it while driving. Woof woof

IMG-20190418-WA0006.jpg

Back