Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary heater

H

Highway67

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi there

I pleased to say I am the proud owner of a California TDI BMT ocean.
I brought it just before Christmas so we have only used it for one overnight and lots of walks at weekends.
The first time I used the Auxiliary heater it seemed to work fine but since then it just keeps going off. Regardless if I turn it on via the remote control or manually on the unit above.
Does anyone have have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong, much appreciated.

Highway 67

Hi there

I brought it just before Christmas so we have only used it for one overnight and lots of walks at weekends.
The first time I used the Auxiliary heater it seemed to work fine but since then it just keeps going off. Regardless if I turn it on via the remote control or manually on the unit above.

Highway 67
There are 2 requirements for the Parking Heater to work.
1. At least 1/4 tank of fuel.
2. Leisure Battery voltage not dropping to 11.5 volts when starting or running.

So, what voltage is the Control Panel showing and have you enough fuel.
Also, what Level have you got the heater set at?

Hi there

Highway 67
And of course the remote ‘heat immediately’ function is designed to turn off after 30 mins or when up to temp. I found all this out as ‘user error’ is my middle name at the moment!!

And of course the remote ‘heat immediately’ function is designed to turn off after 30 mins or when up to temp. I found all this out as ‘user error’ is my middle name at the moment!!
The Heater acts slightly differently on the T6 compared with the T6.1.

Hi
thanks for the quick response!!
Please bear with me as its all very new to me..
Both batteries are flashing
11.6 0%
-0.2 a
there is sufficient fuel in tank over half full
Which one is the leisure battery ?
Regards
Highway 67

Hi
11.6 0%
-0.2 a
Regards
Highway 67
In an Ocean you will have 2 leisure batteries one under the wardrobe and one under the passenger seat.
It sounds like you need to put yours kn gook up and charge the batteries. You ca. Alsi test the heater again whilst on hook up.

11.6V and 0% ?
your batteries are flat. there's 2 leisure batteries in parallel. one under the passenger seat and 1 in the wardrobe. you need to put them on charge on hook up at home for 48 hrs.they may be ok but possibly shagged. heater cuts out when detecting low voltage.

Hi
11.6 0%
-0.2 a
Regards
Highway 67
Your Leisure Batteries are empty. The Parking Heater will not work.
You need to plug the vehicle into the Mains power for at least 48 hrs until the voltage is upto 12.7v at least.
However the Batteries may be damaged beyond repair. Things will work OK on Hookup but off Hookup they may not last more than 24hrs.

30 mins...or whatever you have set in the settings, up to a maximum of 120 mins.