Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

auxiliary heating (continuous) stops after one run (so not continuous)

B

Brchtklmn12345

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi all,

I'm new here. I bought a Cali T6.1 Coast in August 2022, and have been traveling since (took a year off).
Right now I'm in the Alps, and the auxiliary heating (in mode 'heat continuously') doesn't function properly. When I activate it, it starts as it should, but when the temperature is reached it shuts itself off: the icon on the control panel switches off, and it won't start again.
There is enough fuel in the tank (> 1/4 full), voltage is fine (12,9 - 12,5 V), so I see no reason why this happens.

I had similar problems with my fridge, it also switched itself off for no good reason a few times, but that problem was more irregular. I went back to my dealer a few weeks ago and they said there was no problem (which there is).

This problem however is more persistent (except for yesterday when it worked well for one time), and also rather inconvenient in these subzero temperatures.
Anyone an idea? The car also has some starting issues (difficult starting, not the battery, but probably something with the fuel). Reported it and dealer said again everything is fine (which it isn't).

The latest thinking on the fridge cutting out is that this might be due to low voltage in the starter battery side.

Perhaps this also applies to the heater? You seem to have crossed off all the common problems.

Back