Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary heating vs We Connect APP

It was the weirdest thing setting up the authorisation with a face time having to show my face and driving licence to a Eastern European lady, if it wasn’t for the official email from VW, I’d have thought I was getting signed up for the KGB or something worse.
It was all done very professionally though.
Have you now got the lock unlock functionalily on an iphone

Have you now got the lock unlock functionalily on an iphone
Always had the lock / unlock function on mine, as its a MY20.
The MY21 do not have this feature.
Which is totally bizarre !

Not impressed to see the app showing my van as unlocked first thing this morning - it wasn't but it meant I had to go out & check!

Cant see anything different in the App. Ive got the We Connect app - is there a different We Connect Pro?

Now I have
Component protective active on the screen after the software update :confused:
8D73ED31-718A-4C1F-9958-76B10F7F8646.jpeg

Not impressed to see the app showing my van as unlocked first thing this morning - it wasn't but it meant I had to go out & check!

Cant see anything different in the App. Ive got the We Connect app - is there a different We Connect Pro?
I’ve had this occur several times Andy. Got on to the Digital Team and they have communicated a ‘fix’ to my dealership (Citygate), and they in turn called me to book it in. I haven’t taken it in yet though as the errors haven’t reoccurred for quite a while. I’ll get it done at some point.

I'm a little confused. Are you saying you have updated your software and now have the lock unlock function and if so for an iPhone? Sorry so be a bit slow but difficult to follow the thread.
No problem at all.
When I purchased the Cali, the function was active on my iPhone iOS okay.
I’ve had the update this morning and the We-Connect is the same.
What year is your van ?
Mine was made before July 2020.
which makes it a MY20.
It wasn’t registered until Aug 2020.
If it was made in August 2020, it’s a MY21 and the lock / unlock feature will not work.
Ask @GrumpyGranddad

Switched off.
locked it.
unlocked it.
Ghost code in. Started up and it’s gone now.
Might be I have had it on charge all night, and I am halfway through the Solar Panel installation :thumb

I got this in my email today and a request for an update of telematics system on t6.1 ocean, not sure if this means we now get these services?

Screenshot_20210414-153405_Outlook.jpg

Mines showing as van unlocked and fuel for 400 miles. Its not, its locked and the fuel warning light was on last time I drove it. The app is not worth the hassle.

Mines showing as van unlocked and fuel for 400 miles. Its not, its locked and the fuel warning light was on last time I drove it. The app is not worth the hassle.
I tried to send a sat nav destination to my van using We Connect. App confirmed it had been sent to my van but guess what .....
Another We Connect fail !!

Well I gave up on this We Connect thing a while back, but opened the desktop site to find my Beach listed as a Beach but with the Ocean interior!? Maybe I'm missing something. Now it says there is an error. I gave up originally because apparently I don't have anything useful like fuel, consumption, etc., so I had a tiny hope that it might have magically appeared. Oh well.

I tried to send a sat nav destination to my van using We Connect. App confirmed it had been sent to my van but guess what .....
Another We Connect fail !!
:) :)
So, on the way home from the New Forest my Satnav pinged up a message saying my We Connect destination had been imported. Only a few days late - Should be real time (or close to)!

Anybody else had the email regarding WeConnect being ‘retiredlater this month? :-

We are starting spring with some key changes we want to update you on: the We Connect web portal will say goodbye on 27.04.2021. You can of course continue to use your mobile online services.

Never has, never will.
We Connect has now stopped working completely for me. Tapped the App and it asked me to login again. Tried to login and got a message saying ‘service currently unavailable’.
Is this across the board? Or just me?

We Connect has now stopped working completely for me. Tapped the App and it asked me to login again. Tried to login and got a message saying ‘service currently unavailable’.
Is this across the board? Or just me?
Back up now.

Regardless of all the WeConnect shortfalls I won’t be trying this :)

Reactions: GP
Back