Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary / night heater cutting out.

F

fluff34567

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Hi all, I have the T6 factory aux heater with the remote to use it as a parking heater. Sometimes the heater will run for a short period then stop. I notice as the van isn't warm and the overhead display isn't on. No fault codes are stored. I suspect its the leasure battery as the heater will run indefinitely when the engine is running.

After 4 days of not using the van the leisure battery voltage is 12.03v . I didn't check the voltage when under load.

Anyone experienced similar ?

Thanks.

Using Remote will run the heater for a set time only. Use Continuous heating menu on control panel instead.

Hi all, I have the T6 factory aux heater with the remote to use it as a parking heater. Sometimes the heater will run for a short period then stop. I notice as the van isn't warm and the overhead display isn't on. No fault codes are stored. I suspect its the leasure battery as the heater will run indefinitely when the engine is running.

After 4 days of not using the van the leisure battery voltage is 12.03v . I didn't check the voltage when under load.

Anyone experienced similar ?

Thanks.
If the Leisure Battery voltage drops to 11.5 v at any time the Parking Heater will automatically switch Off.

It will be down to battery as Welshgas suggests, there is no time limit on a T6 heater.

Thanks, will try check the voltage during operation and see what it does.

Back