Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AV input (video) on an RNS510 - adapters needed?

A

AndyFromTheBrac

Guest User
:help
Is there a method or an adapter I can source which supplies video/sound in to the RNS510's pin system at the rear.

I found this, but have yet to hear back from the supplier
445_0.jpg
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/ima-m...an/ima-multimedia-adapter-basic?tab=anleitung

This thing states;
"The following devices can be connected to the IMA:
◦DVD - Player
◦DVD - Changer
◦DVB - T
◦Playstation
◦HDD"

Ideally I want HDMI->RNS510, but I can probably adapt HDMI to composite first (or anything else)

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 445_0.jpg
    445_0.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 2
hi, the ten pin video input is 4 wire rgb. There are convertors for CVBS (composite to RGB) on ebay, come complete with the 10 pin connector, about £50 (item 251891384319). I have purchased one for reverse camera input. I purchased a convertor, Item number 400853823127) for £16, first, along with an interface cable (item 161535600790). However it came with no wiring diagram and I am not sure what it is for. supplier has no English and I don't think it is anything to do with converting video. It has can + , can - and +/- 12v connections according to the label.

Thanks for that. Sorry I've only just noticed this has updated as I didn't watch the thread!

I'm looking to plug a wifi dongle into this to create an AirPlay screen mirror from an iPhone using something like item 331484914733 Axxess mobility ax-mxlink - ideally I'd want sound, but I guess I could Bluetooth that

The idea is to give me a screen which mirrors my iPhone so I can use any kind of nav app amongst other things.

Wouldn't a wifi solution stop you using any mobile data on your iphone?
No the wifi is just used to mirror the phone screen onto the head unit display. Still needs a cellular connection for data

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy, maybe try Peter Preston at Skipton Car Radio. He posts a lot on the VW T5 Forum on FB. Seems well genned up on T5 stuff and makes his own harnesses/ conversion kits etc. very into new tech. Might be worth a call.

Andy, maybe try Peter Preston at Skipton Car Radio. He posts a lot on the VW T5 Forum on FB. Seems well genned up on T5 stuff and makes his own harnesses/ conversion kits etc. very into new tech. Might be worth a call.

Thanks @larrylamb , but in the end I gave up. The cost was ridiculously prohibitive for adaptors for the proprietary connections on the RNS unit, VIM etc

I've since replaced the lot with an Alpine CarPlay unit. Absolute life changer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk