Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thats a good question Glen.
I appreciate that the file size of an avatar should be small but I found it extremely difficult to get any quality out of a simple black and white screen shot yet there are some really sharp images that have been used by some members.
looking forward to the answers.

Thats a good question Glen.
I appreciate that the file size of an avatar should be small but I found it extremely difficult to get any quality out of a simple black and white screen shot yet there are some really sharp images that have been used by some members.
looking forward to the answers.
Yes there are good photo's I saved one of the phots to computer to see what setting they used. I used there setting but came back file size to large ? Hope someone helps, Iam sure its not just us :thumb

Yeah the current limit is too small. I gave up trying to get the image size so low, so I'm just going to be avatarless. ;)

I think it says on the membership page that if you are a VIP you get a larger avatar, hopefully a mod can clarify this

I think it says on the membership page that if you are a VIP you get a larger avatar, hopefully a mod can clarify this
It does say that but not sure I got a larger file size allowance, off to look now.

<<<< at time of posting this avatar shows the hired T6 from Mark at kamperhire.co.uk
The inspiration for my most recent obsession :talktothehand

Hi Martin, Thanks for that. £12-99 Membership have to think about that one. Might just put up with fuzzy me:Depressed

You do get more than a bigger/sharper avatar if you become a VIP member.
;)

As a photographer and photoshop user I can give some insight into this. Ironically if you want a sharper Avatar bigger files is not the answer when the final image is only something like 96x96 pixels.

What happens with forums is there is software that resizes the large image to fit in the avatar space and this then loses quality in this conversion.

The best way to ensure quality of image is to resize it before you upload it.