Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Cranky?

d13fa77ea5cbaebc53898b754598dccd.jpg

That flaming crank handle and where to store it really annoys me.

Last edited:
If i had a Beach i would put it in the rear pocket where the campingseats are...
or somewhere on the back of the rear seat...

We often have four bikes on the back. The camping chair pocket was not an option. Behind the rear seat would have worked if I had the forethought to have an appropriate pocket sewn into our Jackyards’ covers.

15mm pipe clips from B&Q. Drilled a 2mm pilot hole before screwing in.
Thats got to be one of thr best things i have seen for a cali mod for under a £10, but u went to bandq so maybe under £2334 ;)

I think you've put it the wrong place there, but that's only
my opinion.
If you ever get T boned, which i hope you never do, that thing
will fly.

That is exactly what I thought when I saw that mod. I personally would only fit it below head hight.

Last edited:
15mm pipe clips from B&Q. I drilled a 2mm pilot hole before screwing in.
I cannot believe that you consider that safe. The forces generated in an enforced deceleration are significant and those clips will loosen over time. At least fit some form of quick release catch to stop it moving, or use the same clips in the sliding door footstep or somewhere below seat back level.

So it was a cranky idea.

I’ll move it tomorrow and live with the 2 x 2mm holes.
Just replace the clips with some towel hooks or similar. I’m sure you’ll find a use for them.

I would suggest to just turn it over and put the handle in L-shape at the back

It rattles and slides everywhere
I meant, just to keep the two brackets, flip the crank, fold the handle to avoid the spear effect (and fix the handle perhaps with a third bracket in case it would still rattle).

I meant, just to keep the two brackets, flip the crank, fold the handle to avoid the spear effect (and fix the handle perhaps with a third bracket in case it would still rattle).
I’ll look into that.

The bench seat lifts up. There might be a way to secure it under the bench. However, if it can go there I need to check that the bench lifts with child seats in place.

I get the impression from this thread that there isn't a safe location to store the awning handle in a Beach? Surely this is a wind out wind up!;)

I get the impression from this thread that there isn't a safe location to store the awning handle in a Beach? Surely this is a wind out wind up!;)

Until now I have always stuffed it down the side of the bench seat, but I’ve never been particularly satisfied with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back