Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning fabric has become detached from front bar - can I fix myself?

A

alanwicker555

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
HI All,

I have a Thule Omnistor 5102 attached to my Cali - I forgot to order from factory so fitted it myself after taking delivery of my Cali. I was trialling the Thule Residence this weekend that I recently purchased and I noted a dip in the centre of the awning. Upon closer inspection I can see that the fabric of the awning has become detached from the front retaining bar and there is now daylight between them in the centre.

My question to you all - has anyone else had this happen? If so, is there a DIY fix? I have contacted the company I bought it from and waiting to hear back but given it's 3 months out of warranty, I'm suspecting I might have to try and resolve it myself.

Any thoughts welcome! :)

Martin

IMG_0233.jpg

Unlikely you will get any joy if out of warranty.Try Stormsure adhesive to glue it back together. it worked really well on our awning when it came apart.

Thanks for the advice sir. Have bought a tube in case the warranty thing goes nowhere. I want to take the van to a the Black Deer festival in a few weeks so we'll be needing it! :)

Back