Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning help!

Sarahbow6

Sarahbow6

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi I’m a newbie & we are taking our T6 ocean on it’s first camping trip next week, however one of the sites I’m booked onto has a hard standing pitch, we have a vango inflatable awning plus Kampa inflatable windbreak to create a garden for the dogs, am I going to be able to pitch this? If so do I need anything special as I won’t be able to peg?

Hi I’m a newbie & we are taking our T6 ocean on it’s first camping trip next week, however one of the sites I’m booked onto has a hard standing pitch, we have a vango inflatable awning plus Kampa inflatable windbreak to create a garden for the dogs, am I going to be able to pitch this? If so do I need anything special as I won’t be able to peg?
Usually the hard standing is where you park and the adjacent awning area will be grass or compact gravel into which you should be able to peg out.

If you haven’t already it’s worth getting a seat of decent tent pegs the ones that look like 10 inch nails are pretty good and cheap..... unless you wait until you get to site when they can sell you a set at a premium!

Go Outdoors have the 10 inch nail type on offer for £2 for 4 (half price). Caravan and Camping gets a further 10%. Well worth just under 50p a go

Yes the pegs supplied with most awnings are only good for decent ground and weather conditions. On hard ground a rubber mallet bounces off and a metal hammer just bends the pegs. Sooner or later you will need to invest in stronger pegs, often called rock pegs, to deal with hardstanding or stony ground. Those at Go Outdoors look a good price but in my experience at 10 inches they are longer than needed - remember if you get them in then you need the strength to get them back out. Most people are perfectly satisfied with 8 inches.

Thanks everyone! I got the ‘screw pegs’ from go outdoors yesterday with a hexagonal head which people say to drill in? Something else to add to the packing list, so will see how we go, I just need to figure out how to attach my drive away kit now another random question, if I am on hook up, what can I plug into the main socket behind the seat? Is it an in built inverter so I can use normal plugs or do I need some kind of adapter?

Go Outdoors have the 10 inch nail type on offer for £2 for 4 (half price). Caravan and Camping gets a further 10%. Well worth just under 50p a go
Didn’t know about the 10% discount With go outdoors, how do you get this? Just spent a fortune in there in the last couple weeks!

Didn’t know about the 10% discount With go outdoors, how do you get this? Just spent a fortune in there in the last couple weeks!

You simply "join" at the checkout.
Strange that you weren't asked to in my experience

The 10% is an additional 10 percent on top of the Go Outdoors discount that you can get if you are a member of the camping and caravanning club

The 10% is an additional 10 percent on top of the Go Outdoors discount that you can get if you are a member of the camping and caravanning club
I got the go outdoors discount as I’m a member but wasn’t asked anything else

I got the go outdoors discount as I’m a member but wasn’t asked anything else
You won't be asked anything else just if you have a Go Outdoors Discount Card. At that point you then need to tell them that you are a member of the C&CC and believe you can get a further discount on top of the Go Outdoors discount. They normally just look up the code and apply the discount. But is up to you to ask/check with them re C&CC they wont ask you. :)

Back