Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Legs?

T

The Poets

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Morning all, first post having purchased our 2016 Ocean in December. Loving it as a great all rounder, with the added bonus of a cuppa on the move!
Anyway, tried opening the awning up at the weekend and couldn’t seem to lock out the legs. When I tried lifting the plastic catch upwards it went so far, but didn’t lock. It felt that if I pushed it further it would break....and this was both sides. Am I doing something wrong? I’ve even looked at the trusty YouTube video and it doesn’t seem that easy.
Any advice would be great.
PS. When does one actually stop looking at buying kit/gadgets??!

The locking levers do feel as though they are going to break but you just have to bite the bullet and push them up. It might be worth a bit of lubricant just to help.

Might be best not to pull up at the end of the plastic lever, but nearer the thicker end until you know it works and you gain confidence.

Morning, I was having same problem when I first used the awning. I had legs at full extension and unable to lock them. Reduced the length a little and was then able to push lever to lock the legs.

Morning, I was having same problem when I first used the awning. I had legs at full extension and unable to lock them. Reduced the length a little and was then able to push lever to lock the legs.
I bet that was high :thumb

I agree the plastic feels like it will snap if you force it, wd40 et at el and apply even pressure near the body of the plastic nodule closest the leg, you get used to it after a few tries.

I’ll let you know when I stop looking for bits and bobs haha, CALI FEVER :Nailbiting

I’ll let you know when I stop looking for bits and bobs haha, CALI FEVER :Nailbiting
Don’t hold your breath waiting to stop thinking about accessories, bits, bobs and little hacks. I don’t know if anyone’s ever reached that point! We all just use the forums for therapy and support o_O!