Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Mat

P

petec

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Can anyone recommend a good quality mat to use as grounsheet under the sun awning. Saw one recently in use on campsite with VW logo but cant find outlet to purchase one

I think the VW logo ones are only available at VW shows and events, they are the perfect size

Not sure how relevant this is in the UK but this week in Lidl Switzerland, they are selling 2m x 3m said ground sheets for 25 francs (about £15). They may not be much good as I haven't really inspected and they may not be available just now in Lidl UK. Anyway, maybe worth checking out for that price.

The Kampa Easy Tread mat is great. Comes in different sizes and with eyelets to peg it down at the corners. Understated grey - no jazzy patterns or logos.

Thanks everyone I shall follow up the links you have sent. We have only had our Cali since beginning of March and already enjoyed 3 short Uk trips.
Really enjoy reading all the forums getting ideas and solutions to make our trips even more enjoyable.

I'm looking for a fold-able rubber only mat, we do a lot of outdoor sport (trail running, cycling, skiing etc) and often return "home" wet and dirty so rubber bottomed and fabric top doesn't work for us.
Something we can leave out in all weathers (with holes in it would make sense), then hose off, fold and throw in the boot would be great ..... any ideas,?
I've Amazoned and Googled but no joy!

Cheers, looks good other than it isn't holed/mesh.

Saw some on here recently that came in packs and clipped together. Will try and find them again but sounded perfect. Fancied some myself but stopped getting "essentials" until Cali arrives.

Edit: maybe something like this:-

http://www.easimat.com

Mike

We've got some of the squares that fit together for outside of the sliding door - as per Mike's web link - rubber with holes in so they're fine to leave out in the rain and to use as something to stand on in a shower tent - they work well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah tried them already, worked OK when I could peg them down but on a hard standing they made a bid from freedom ;) that's why I was hoping to find something made from rubber.

I saw those with a Vw logo once and would have one.
Shame the forum shop does not have of these ....it would be a hit!

I found the same product on various website for pool to camping to kitchen, again they look great but at between 12mm and 19mm it's going to be difficult to fold for storage/transporting.

Yeah tried them already, worked OK when I could peg them down but on a hard standing they made a bid from freedom ;) that's why I was hoping to find something made from rubber.
Every hard standing I've been on has been concrete or gravel for the vehicle and gravel for where the awning goes. So no problem pegging these mats down through the gravel with a few Rock Pegs. :thumb

We've been happily using the Aldi click together ones for the last five years. Think they were about a tenner for six when thay were on sale a few weeks ago.

Every hard standing I've been on has been concrete or gravel for the vehicle and gravel for where the awning goes. So no problem pegging these mats down through the gravel with a few Rock Pegs. :thumb
We stayed on a tarmac car park whilst skiing last week and that is why I'm after something rubber, not that I need to find a home for the old mat as it was covered in snow and I forgot it so someone will have a present when it melts!

We stayed on a tarmac car park whilst skiing last week and that is why I'm after something rubber, not that I need to find a home for the old mat as it was covered in snow and I forgot it so someone will have a present when it melts!
Ah, I see.

Stanford hall will have a few mat sellers there this Sunday, always worth a look.

We also use the square interlocking mats(from Lidl) which look same as WG's Easimat type. The Range also sell them. Pegs on gravel/grass or a length of string through the corner holes and round the tyres to stop them blowing away.