Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning on the Ocean

M

martinwilson

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Does the California Ocean come with an awning as standard? I feel like the answer is Yes but I'm a little thrown by the terms "rail" and "housing".

What are following options please:
  • Awning (housing and rail in black) £420.00
  • Awning (housing and rail in silver) £594.00
  • Awning rail black + tent adapter Standard
  • Awning rail in black No additional cost
  • Awning rail in silver No additional cost

A awning is option
The rail comes standard as you can use it as a tent adaptor also.

Last edited:
Only thing to add is I believe more expensive if you decide you need one later and for resale. I went for one and will see how much use it gets. If not much it's coming off and in storage. I suspect from others comments on here it will be staying.

Mike

To me a Cali without a awning feels like something is missing ....even we don't use ours a lot , we even use it mostly when it rains to cook outside, my awning stays on.

Agreed, I'd certainly like one, but a little bamboozled as to what each selection actually is.

So if I select "Awning (housing and rail in black) £420.00" it will include everything in this image...?

5641388-volkswagen-california-2.jpg

Agreed, I'd certainly like one, but a little bamboozled as to what each selection actually is.

So if I select "Awning (housing and rail in black) £420.00" it will include everything in this image...?

5641388-volkswagen-california-2.jpg
Yes, and the housing (what the material winds out of) is black. You dont see too many in silver but I like the idea of it.

I have a black awning but the material is in a dark silver. Do have photos but taken on my camera and files too big to upload. Need to use phone camera in future.
Quite a thick material which blocks suns heat. Can't recall what the Fiamma one on a previous motorhome was but sure it was more of a canvas type material.

To me a Cali without a awning feels like something is missing ....even we don't use ours a lot , we even use it mostly when it rains to cook outside, my awning stays on.

Same as us, usually out to keep us dry when cooking and we usually leave our shoes under there. I don't feel like camp is properly set-up if the awning isn't extended out, like somethings missing .

Back