Awning rail end

Skylark2.0

Skylark2.0

The adventure with Starlight Expess begins
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
While we were washing Starlight we realised that the end of the awning rail wasn't in properly. We tried to slide it back in but it doesn't look like it will fit. The one on the other side looks really neat.
Any ideas?

20151231_120229.jpg

20151231_120203.jpg

20151231_120152.jpg

Would think it just slides back in?
Is it broken in any way , parts missing compared the one on the other side?

Should just pop back in. I stuck mine in with sealant as I lost the originals

Sent from my Galaxy S6

That's the odd thing. It doesn't look like there are 2 slots to fit the bit into so it goes wonky. Will take another photo.

You will probably need to clean of all the old silkaflex before it will sit properly. Failing that
Buy a new one they are only £1.05 from your dealer. It will need sticking back on though

Just went and checked out mine, looks like this on a 2012 SE

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

To me it seems it not slides in the profile itself but more in the midlle space
Am i making sense?
Did not pulled mine off .....:Nailbiting do not want trouble....

As Kev says silkaflex it back on after cleaning the old stuff off - replaced both mine for a couple of pounds :)

Can't find another thread back with the end caps missing on the awning rails, so I put it in this thread.

Now it's not the end caps that are missing, but the front caps. In fact, just the off side (right side) front cap.
Washed my van yesterday, and the cap, that was getting loose, fell off completely now. After I climbed up the wheel to clean the top of the van, I grabbed the cap, and instead of me going up the wheel, I held the cap in my hand, still standing on the ground.
So now it's time to clean the glue, and glue the front cap back on. Too bad, it was the well aligned cap. The near side cap is still firmly in place, but replaced badly after my front spoiler was changed :(.
I will feel now and then if the left cap starts to get loose. Then it's time to align it perfectly, so my OCD will settle down a bit more.

Don't panic, this is how it looks now :eek::
IMG_20200531_182128.jpg
And while I am at glueing (<- ?), I will extend the cap with the glue, so the water gets in the groove near the front windscreen, instead of in the van when I open the door.