Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning rail hooks..

S

Shadrack

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Can anyone point me in a direction of where I could buy some hooks that I could slide into the unused awning rail on the other side of my California?

Thank you in advance.

Big Ted forum member does a lot of bits and bobs including hooks, washing lines etc which make use of the spare rail. 76459E73-14BA-42A8-A97E-DA8FDA7E92A3.jpeg

Seems the OP is referring to the brandruprail on the leftside of the verhicle so some of the examples above will not fit....
The ones @Bigted makes and sells do fit the brandruprail

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for your suggestions, after looking at what was required I decided to fabricate what I needed.
I cut up a piece of pipe from an old garden sprayer, with a few small holes drilled and some bungee cord I came up with the following which seems to do the trick. (Pictures to follow)

Whilst constructing I noticed a half bag of stainless nyloc nuts(after cutting and drilling the tube) and with a bit of bungee found they would also serve the purpose.
The Nyloc have rounded edges so with two nuts and the knot in between it would avoid any fraying of the bungee cord.

Big thanks to previous suggestions and comments.

Cheers.

Looks great - thanks for the idea and sharing

Back