Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Room

Gooldmike

Gooldmike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, I've just recently purchased a new California Beach. I'm looking at buying an awning Room. I'm looking at the Comfortz one as advertised in the club shop. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of this , once packed away ?

it fits in the tailgate between the chairs

You must pack it tight as mine won't fit in the tailgate. It does pack small enough and I have a beach, used several times already this year, brillant bit of kit.

We pack the 2 ends in the chairs in the rear door and the larger panel we just pack away in the back.. We found that trying to get all 3 in the chairs tended to make the door too heavy and couldn’t get it to stay up....Even after new replacement struts under warranty....

it fits in the tailgate between the chairs
I've just bought an awning room from a lovely club member and I cannot for the life of me get the two bags in between the chairs...

Don't suppose you (or anyone else) might have a photo showing how you have fitted them in your tailgate?

Seems so utterly silly, and I know I'm not the tallest strongest person, but I can't get them to fit!

There's no way I'd get mine between the chairs in the tailgate. It's rather heavy for putting there, I put my screen cover and topper in between the chairs.

There's no way I'd get mine between the chairs in the tailgate. It's rather heavy for putting there, I put my screen cover and topper in between the chairs.
...I'm just beginning to realise that. Just wish I'd known before I bought it because a big draw was being able to store it in the tailgate.

It's not so big to be a deal breaker for me. I just wedged it between other stuff but make it easily accessible for when we arrive at a site.
Don't think you would get anything else as compact as this.

I've just bought an awning room from a lovely club member and I cannot for the life of me get the two bags in between the chairs...

Don't suppose you (or anyone else) might have a photo showing how you have fitted them in your tailgate?

Seems so utterly silly, and I know I'm not the tallest strongest person, but I can't get them to fit!
We lay each of the 3 panels on the back shelf under the mattress pad thingy, as per photo, then just pack whatever we need on top. Works well for us.

1A241E40-BEA8-4DC0-9158-441B4885053B.jpeg