Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

awning storage

R

rob.wheeler

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Evening,

I have probably what a lot of you might think is a crazy question...

I have bought a Vango Gali awning this year which is fab and love it...now the weather is starting to change just thinking about storage for the winter. Need to really store the awning in the garage (no room in the house), but last year we had mice in the garage. Thinking of buying a plastic box to pop the awning in, but seems like it could just be overkill. Just wondered what do you folks do to protect your awning during the winter?

Kind regards

Rob

Not a Cali owner (yet) but we store our tent in an old wooden bedding box in the garage. I don't think it's overkill at all, just common sense.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Given the price of awnings, the past problems with mice, and the fact that a nibbled inflatable awning will be as much use as a chocolate teapot (if they find a tube), then it sounds like a very sensible plan!

I had a kids plastic kettle eaten in places and used as a house for one winter by mice, be warned they might think an awning in a plastic box is a hotel!

The little beggars eat plastic as well.
My mother's central heating kept losing pressure, eventually tracked it down to plastic pipe nibbled by mice.

Hi, we bought a Vango Gali as well this year, great awning but quite big and heavy to store. Had great fun getting it back in to the bag after the first time out! I'm considering hanging it from the garage ceiling to keep it safe.
Last year I found a dead rat in an outdoor storage shed which had chewed through a plastic bottle of rat killer, divine justice?

Hoping to pick up a Galli myself over the next few months, will store it in a metal shed and hoping this will be the best option for garden protection.

You could just leave it in the Cali, it's fairly mouse proof. I'm a bit stuck for internal storage space too. I put my bedding in vacuum bags, suck them down with the vacuum cleaner and store them in the van, they're damp and insect proof and it works well.

Mick.

You could just leave it in the Cali, it's fairly mouse proof. I'm a bit stuck for internal storage space too. I put my bedding in vacuum bags, suck them down with the vacuum cleaner and store them in the van, they're damp and insect proof and it works well.

Mick.
We also use the vacuum bags for all the bedding and the extra mattress toppers..our awning should be arriving this week in readiness for our summer holiday and I expect it will be stored in an old metal trunk as we have mice etc..learnt the hard way when they chewed through the boat storage bag

Back