Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

B pillar picture please.

H

Hamish S

Making up for the years spoilt by school and work
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
As you can see from the picture my "B" pillar is no longer in it's original shape. Would some kind soul please upload me a picture of their "B" pillar so I can compare when fixed. Many thanks.
DSC01383.JPG

As you can see from the picture my "B" pillar is no longer in it's original shape. Would some kind soul please upload me a picture of their "B" pillar so I can compare when fixed. Many thanks.
View attachment 74921
Ouch!! How did that happen?

CC2FF7F0-6688-4DD6-84FE-354E4D1968F7.jpeg

Ouch!! How did that happen?

View attachment 74926
Perfect, many thanks.

Muchly ta.

Thanks all I can now see what I need and just how much damage was done. In my innocence I was driving down the road, as one does, on the way back from taking my 87 year old Mother to the shop when white van man pulled out of a side street and drove straight into me. "Sorry mate" he said "I didn't see you".

• Sad
Reactions: Sad
How b****y annoying!
Is your drivers door also damaged?

Yup, Drivers door, B Pillar, Sliding door and faint scuff on wheel arch. Not certain about the foot well at the sliding door as it won't slide anymore. I checked the outside table was OK and it is but wouldn't go back into the door card. The interior lights above the kitchen stay on as she thinks the sliding door is open, OK I can turn off from the control panel but I bet the menders don't bother. Just in panic mode as to how well they will repair her and will they kn*acker up the batteries. Just want her back for when we can start to go places. I know it's just a van, but what a van..........

Ouch! sorry to see that.

I would be inclined to disconnect both leisure batteries, before letting it go in for repair.

Thats going to be a tricky repair to get the B pillar right again. I had a similar looking repair required to a car, needed front door, rear door & the B pillar pulling out & that was a £20k bill.

As they didn't want to cut out the pillar & replace it , they basically hammered in any thing that was sticking out & filled the low bits with filler. It was a BMW bodyshop on a six month old car.

The taxi that hit me had a scuffed bumper thats all.

I sympathise with you there Hamish. :eek:

suggest VW approved repair shop to maintain corrosion warranty

big repair unfortunately and not one for your “Insurance approved“ back street me thinks.

Ouch! sorry to see that.

I would be inclined to disconnect both leisure batteries, before letting it go in for repair.

Thats going to be a tricky repair to get the B pillar right again. I had a similar looking repair required to a car, needed front door, rear door & the B pillar pulling out & that was a £20k bill.

As they didn't want to cut out the pillar & replace it , they basically hammered in any thing that was sticking out & filled the low bits with filler. It was a BMW bodyshop on a six month old car.

The taxi that hit me had a scuffed bumper thats all.
Unfortunately I agree with you it's gonna be a b*gger to fix well. I have told them to ensure that the leisure batteries are fully charged and then disconnected. As you say fixing the B pillar is going to be the worst to get right hence I asked the good folks on this site for a picture of their B pillars. At least then I have a reference point to check against when fixed. I have also taken loads of photos of both the inside and the outside so if they do any damage I can show them what they have done. Currently doing a list of everything I need to check before I accept her back, just the one side of A4 so far.