Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Back box question

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I wonder what the recommendations might be for a back box solution. We want to keep our bike rack for bikes. What back box options are there for a tow bar ? We have the calicap tray, so would still like to be able to slide that out, are their any solutions that work with a slide out draw ?

I wonder what the recommendations might be for a back box solution. We want to keep our bike rack for bikes. What back box options are there for a tow bar ? We have the calicap tray, so would still like to be able to slide that out, are their any solutions that work with a slide out draw ?
I've got a Thule Velospace XT 3 bike rack which allows me to open the tailgate with bikes loaded AND slide my Calicap tray out (although not fully). Haven’t got a Back Box so can’t advise on that.
Note: To allow the tailgate to open I had to move the retaining wires into the 2nd position on the bike rack. I believe that gives a 70 degree tilt? Not sure if a Back Box would foul the ground if tilted 70 degrees?

Thank just looking at that, with the existing bike rack, think the back struts of the Velospace might get in the way of the vow bike rack when it’s down, it would be very tight clearance I think, anyone managed to get them both to work together ?

Very tight clearance if any

1DDA4B91-4A6A-40BC-83CA-B8D236A1E4A6.png

E91652C5-DD23-472D-9163-B7E9E0ACCCE4.png

Mft backbox.

The problem with bike carrier + box on the tow hitch, you are very likely to exceed weight load on rear axle.

Can I ask what is the rear axel weight of a ocean

Back