Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Back once again.

splitmike

splitmike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Well hello everybody.
It feels nice to be back. I collect my second T5 LHD California at the end of the month and I can honestly say I feel like a kid at Christmas. She is a 2 owner full service history van with only 82k miles on the clock.
I should never have sold the one I had a few years ago and instantly regretted it. I have had some fun with a 72 Westfalia and a Nice Porsche too, however the call came back following owning a T5.1 panel van for the last 2 years that actually became my sanctuary and home during the height of the pandemic and being a key worker. The only accommodation I could find for the whole of last year was a family owned campsite that allowed 2 of us to stay on. Lucky to have a job I have worked hard saving and as mentioned cannot wait to pick up the new addition.

Well hello everybody.
It feels nice to be back. I collect my second T5 LHD California at the end of the month and I can honestly say I feel like a kid at Christmas. She is a 2 owner full service history van with only 82k miles on the clock.
I should never have sold the one I had a few years ago and instantly regretted it. I have had some fun with a 72 Westfalia and a Nice Porsche too, however the call came back following owning a T5.1 panel van for the last 2 years that actually became my sanctuary and home during the height of the pandemic and being a key worker. The only accommodation I could find for the whole of last year was a family owned campsite that allowed 2 of us to stay on. Lucky to have a job I have worked hard saving and as mentioned cannot wait to pick up the new addition.
Where was it originally from? And what year?

It was Originally owned by a German couple that used it to drive to their villa in Portugal. it was then purchased by an English older couple that lived in the villa next door and now it will be owned by me.
Its a 130bhp 2.5 almost identical to my last one apart from the colour.

Well hello everybody.
Like a renegade master.
Still got the Porsche?

Unfortunately not. The paddle board didn't fit on it as easily.

Unfortunately not. The paddle board didn't fit on it as easily.
Is it easy to not miss the b-road drives or are you pining? What Porsche did you have?

To be honest I do miss it it was a great car it just doesn't give the versatility that a van or the Cali offers.
I had a 3.2 Boxster S really did drive like a dream never felt a car hug the road like that at all speeds. even surprised myself at times.

Welcome back!
Good to have some experienced Californians here!
However you know what we want: Please post some pictures after you get your new van
Enjoy your ride

To be honest I do miss it it was a great car it just doesn't give the versatility that a van or the Cali offers.
I had a 3.2 Boxster S really did drive like a dream never felt a car hug the road like that at all speeds. even surprised myself at times.
Similar for us, was either keep the Volvo and add a boxster, or throw it all in and go for a California, the latter won :thumb