Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Basic Beach 114

J

j3ggo

Guest User
Hi, I've found a basic beach, no privacy glass or double glazing, no parking sensors, 5 speed, the only extra I can tell is the awning. It's white. Should I walk away? It's a good price and would serve the purpose we want it for.

The 114 was only ever 5spd gearbox I think. Double glazing also an unusual option on Beaches.
Parking sensors and privacy glass can be added if you want or need it so I would say if it meets your needs go for it as your not paying for options you don't need. Worth further consideration anyway.

My 114 is manual, but came with reversing sensors and a few other options.

Window tints are easily added too there are a few threads on that, plus the blinds will still be present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 114 was only ever 5spd gearbox I think. Double glazing also an unusual option on Beaches.
Parking sensors and privacy glass can be added if you want or need it so I would say if it meets your needs go for it as your not paying for options you don't need. Worth further consideration anyway.
As long as it's not detrimental that's it's only a basic model if I came to sell it.

As long as it's not detrimental that's it's only a basic model if I came to sell it.
Plenty of scope to make it special, if it suits you and is a good price you can't go wrong. It will always find a buyer for sure. :thumb
Just to add, check the roof and fabric carefully as well as the trim, electrics etc. Has it got a parking/overnight heater?

Plenty of scope to make it special, if it suits you and is a good price you can't go wrong. It will always find a buyer for sure. :thumb
Just to add, check the roof and fabric carefully as well as the trim, electrics etc. Has it got a parking/overnight heater?
What should I check the roof for? Damage and tears? I've not checked it when went to see it. No parking heater, no extras at all.

What should I check the roof for? Damage and tears? I've not checked it when went to see it. No parking heater, no extras at all.
Yes,damage and tears/ holes in the fabric. Also check for any of the infamous roof corrosion. This can be reported to VW for a fix if the vehicle is less than 6 years old. Plenty of info on the forum re roof corrosion.
If there is no heater they can be retrofitted for £850-1000 pounds. Make sure the price reflects the lack of extras, sounds like a base vehicle. Like I said, no problem if you get a good deal. Window tint, heater, sensors etc. can all be added if you wish.

Sounds perfect.

You will get exactly the same sense of freedom and a good deal more versatility as in a fully loaded Ocean but without all of the complications and potential future problem areas. I am sure that it will drive and tour very nicely as well. It obviously won't have the power of the larger engines but so what. it is a leisure vehicle so relax and take your time. The only thing that I would want for all year round use is the parking heater but that can be retro fitted.

Good luck and happy adventures.

Always worth looking at the 3 digit codes on the sticker that will be under the Drivers seat or under the dash on the Driver's side just to see if there are any "hidden" options if you want to double check.
For example things like Towbar prep are hard to spot.

Enter them here. http://prsearch.planetvag.com/

We had a 114 - super vehicle. Drove it all over Europe, 3000 miles up and down the Alps, no issues at all. Overall economy around 34 mpg IIRC.

Welcome to the club!

Back