Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Batteries Flat??

Chico

Chico

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, I have bought a 2007 T5 California
The leisure batteries seem flat.
I have had the van plugged in overnight but the batteries appear to be still flat or low as the roof is elevating fine??
The roof runs off the leisure batteries?? So there should be juice in the batteries, ? But not enough for the fridge to power??

The fridge doesn’t seem to work either
No ✔️ on the front panel on cockpit headlining in front of van when you select fridge??
Should the fridge work plugged in to the mains Or will the fridge still not work if the batteries are too weak ??

How can I get the batteries checked before I buy new ones or one??
Garage electrical engineer??

Any suggestions on how to tackle this problem. Also if I do need new battery/s what make and power do I buy??

In my T6 you need the ignition on to raise / lower the roof, so I presume engine battery.

The fridge should work off hook up regardless of the batteries.

Have you tested the heater?

Do the lights work internally?

It could be the batteries are in poor condition if not been charged regularly and been allowed to go flat.

hmm thanks. I did think the roof ran off the leisure. The heater off the diesel?? I’m not sure? I think interior lights work. Maybe just old batteries?? Need them checked
Where before forking out £300++
What batteries??

On the roof question, I should know, but don’t. Always assumed it was engine battery.

The heater runs off diesel as fuel source but needs the leisure battery for control (thermostat, etc.). would be worth trying to run it and see what happens.

If you need replacement batteries, do a search on the forum as this has been discussed a few times

On the roof question, I should know, but don’t. Always assumed it was engine battery.

The heater runs off diesel as fuel source but needs the leisure battery for control (thermostat, etc.). would be worth trying to run it and see what happens.

If you need replacement batteries, do a search on the forum as this has been discussed a few times
The roof works of the Leisure Batteries but the Ignition has to be On as a safety precaution in case someone fiddles with the Control Panel . VW presumes that only a sensible person would be in possession of the Ignition keys.

The roof works of the Leisure Batteries but the Ignition has to be On as a safety precaution in case someone fiddles with the Control Panel . VW presumes that only a sensible person would be in possession of the Ignition keys.
Thank you.

What is the control panel reading for the batteries?

it could be that the earth shunt needs doing if other stuff is
working.

I'd suggest leaving the hook up cable connected for a couple of days.

Have you remembered to switch the circuit breaker in the rear most cabinet?

Red on the switch means it is switched on. Whereas Green means it is switched off.