Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery empty - cube fuse

RikFizz

RikFizz

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Thought I’d post this for information purposes. A short distance into a drive a few weeks ago I had an audible alarm sound and ‘battery empty’ appear on the panel readout. On returning home it became clear nothing was working off the leisure batteries. The control panel would only work with the engine running and only the 240 socket worked when the ehu was plugged in, no charging taking place at all. Weeks later I managed to get it into Leicester parkway (the story of my experience with vw breakdown and vw customer care is too long to go into here!) who eventually (9 days later) diagnosed the 75amp fuse on the 3rd battery blown. My vehicle is an my21 coast with 5000 miles on the clock and no prior history of any problems. I asked the obvious question of what had caused the fuse to blow but no specific cause identified so I’ll have to watch this space! As an aside, I was informed on handing the vehicle over that the door mechanism recall would be done - a recall I had not be previously informed needed doing! Hope this helps any others who might encounter a similar situation.

Must have been more than just the rear fuse as the unit should have been able to run of the other leisure battery. Was that also checked?

Hi Loz, I have a feeling quite a lot was checked (maybe fault finding not a strong point) as I was also advised passenger seat removed to check wiring/sensors and both batteries checked before and after investigation. Following on from advice on here from yourself and others I will be keeping a close eye on battery performance as I made it clear that if either or both batteries were in fact empty life expectancy would have been compromised - I have been assured they both test ok. As with many main dealers updates and providing information was not a strong point!

Multiple reports of this problem. Once one battery is sensed as empty load management prevents the operation of most systems.