Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery percentage % %

Tattooz

Tattooz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Since getting my Cali which was a showroom model after being parked up over night the batery percentage goes down to 90% and one time dropped to 80% even after being on hook-up all day then being left for one night this happens. I took it back to the dealer a couple of weeks ago and they changed the Main battery (under Bonnet) saying that that is what was causing the problem ( i wouldnt of thought that would be the problem but they are the experts ) anyway it hasnt stopped this from happening. is this normal to drop by 10% over night without any stuff being turned on?

The battery under the bonnet is the engine battery so what were they thinking as the display reads the leisure battery's :doh

I find that the battery indicator only shows 100% for a very short time before dropping to 90% but then it stays at 90% for ages, often two days whilst camping unless the heater is used loads. I assume that as it moves in increments of 10% that as soon as it is below 100 it shows the next level ie 90% and stays like this until there is less than 90% charge left. Just a guess though.

Mine is the same. It can drop quickly to as low as 70% if I have the heater on but then stays there for ages..

Mine too sometimes it will drop down to 50% with the heater on then after a little while will go back up to 70%
So not too much to worry about the gauge is not 100% accurate. But hey you got a new van battery out of it so
Can't be bad :rofl :rofl

By the way Steve do you leave your control panel on that can do it
I make sure mine is off completly. :clap

Calikev said:

Hi Kev, can you do this with the roof up? Mine gives me a message stating that the roof is open and won't switch off?!

Calikev said:
I don't turn it off although it has turned itself off a few times. . So leaving that on can drain the batteries? Would be interesting to know if everyone else leaves it on or turns it off.
And as for getting a new battery, it shouldn't of needed one as it's a brand new Cali, I suppose it had sat in the showroom for a few months and that's why I was worried about the leisure batteries running flat and not charging properly afterwards. Seems like nothing to worry about tho. I am off to Tunisia for a week in 10 days so the van won't be used for a week so I'll see how it holds it's charge after no use for a week.

Hi Kev, can you do this with the roof up? Mine gives me a message stating that the roof is open and won't switch off?![/quote]

Can't say I ever tried with the roof up :thumb Time for another beer me thinks :rofl :rofl :rofl

How do you turn the control panel off?

I assumed i was on the whole time.

Thanks

Press the switch to the left of it. This will also turn off all items related to it, such as the fridge .......

Probably a daft question but..........

Does the alternator charge the leisure batteries or do you have to charge them separately?

m4rky said:

Does the alternator charge the leisure batteries or do you have to charge them separately?

Not to daft. Yes the leisure batteries charge from the alternator when the engine is running
If you look at your control panel when the engine is running the bottom right of the display should
Have a G symbol this indicates the generator is charging the batteries :thumb :thumb

Calikev said:
m4rky said:

Not to daft. Yes the leisure batteries charge from the alternator when the engine is running
If you look at your control panel when the engine is running the bottom right of the display should
Have a G symbol this indicates the generator is charging the batteries :thumb :thumb

This only applies to the Cali. Not sure about the beach :crazy :crazy

Calikev said:
Calikev said:
m4rky said:

This only applies to the Cali. Not sure about the beach :crazy :crazy

:thanks I thought that would be the case but its always nice to know for certain ;)