Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery removal

Nick Stubbs

Nick Stubbs

The Rodent.
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Done some work on the front suspension and had to remove the battery, put the battery back, now have a few issues wonder if anyone can help please. I have a VAG Com and have reset all the fault codes, DSG box is only working manually, Alarm goes off every 5 mins, park pilot has an error and I have a light bulb out fault but there isn’.
thanks Nick.

Done some work on the front suspension and had to remove the battery, put the battery back, now have a few issues wonder if anyone can help please. I have a VAG Com and have reset all the fault codes, DSG box is only working manually, Alarm goes off every 5 mins, park pilot has an error and I have a light bulb out fault but there isn’.
thanks Nick.
Drive it for a few miles. Everything should reset, provided you didn’t have any fault lights showing before battery removal.

Drive it for a few miles. Everything should reset, provided you didn’t have any fault lights showing before battery removal.
Thanks for that, no issues before I started work, had a drive but listed are the problems I have afterward, had to disconnect the battery again as the alarm continues to go off every 5 mins or so, neighbours no happy

Similar when I changed mine. All sorts of buzzing, beeps and whirring - all sorted after a 15 min spin up the M4.

Ridiculous that you can’t disconnect a battery and reconnect without a load of issues and needing a computer !!

Ridiculous that you can’t disconnect a battery and reconnect without a load of issues and needing a computer !!
I think it all depends how long the battery is disconnected. Too long and the ECU powers off and the volatile memory is reset, which holds the various sensor values etc. You then have to drive and the sensor values are compared with the hard coded values, initially giving errors until the vehicle reaches a steady state and resets . This should be automatic .

It’s been off a couple of days, had to wait for parts, like I noted earlier that had to disconnect it last night as the alarm kept going off.

Had another go at this today, driven 30 odd miles, brake lights continually on, g box won’t change up on auto, parking sensors not correct, alarm still going off, error cleared no idea..

Had another go at this today, driven 30 odd miles, brake lights continually on, g box won’t change up on auto, parking sensors not correct, alarm still going off, error cleared no idea..
Probably best to post on the T6 forum, they are into the mechanics and electronics of the T6.

Just had mine replaced (2017 Beach) by an independent garage. No issues at all

Back