Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BBQ Gas Outlet

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
When are VW going to fit a BBQ gas outlet. Appreciate not all uses gas for there BBQ's but most do for there Cadacs, If it is fitted or an option it reduces the risk of a poorly fitted adaptation to the existing gas line which may cause issues. Also negates the need to carry a spare cylinder.

After all these are campervans and other brands fit them as standard.

When are VW going to fit a BBQ gas outlet. Appreciate not all uses gas for there BBQ's but most do for there Cadacs, If it is fitted or an option it reduces the risk of a poorly fitted adaptation to the existing gas line which may cause issues. Also negates the need to carry a spare cylinder.

After all these are campervans and other brands fit them as standard.
I got one of these LPG tanks with BBQ point fitted, which solved many issues for me.

3401D178-E528-4A8B-9F13-167A98398496.jpeg

This is an interesting mod, can you share some more detail?

does the LPG now run the internal hob as well as providing an external BBQ connection?
Yes it supplies the hob through the factory pipework, which is connected to via the gas drop out hole in the water tank where the 906 cylinder would sit. The supply is split under the can to go to the BBQ point.
Installed by Propex, very happy with it, as I now have a gas level indicator in the van and a remote electronic sing off valve. For me it will pay for itself in around 18 months, as I was using one. 907 refill a month previously.

A couple of points to mention are that it is quite heavy, and in theory it should be pressure tested yearly.

Yes it supplies the hob through the factory pipework, which is connected to via the gas drop out hole in the water tank where the 906 cylinder would sit. The supply is split under the can to go to the BBQ point.
Installed by Propex, very happy with it, as I now have a gas level indicator in the van and a remote electronic sing off valve. For me it will pay for itself in around 18 months, as I was using one. 907 refill a month previously.

A couple of points to mention are that it is quite heavy, and in theory it should be pressure tested yearly.
Interesting. Prompts ideas of fitting a small hot water cylinder into the space previously occupied by the gas bottle if the LPG is now under slung below the van, plus it’s easy and cheap to refill the LPG regularly.

Interesting. Prompts ideas of fitting a small hot water cylinder into the space previously occupied by the gas bottle if the LPG is now under slung below the van, plus it’s easy and cheap to refill the LPG regularly.
Can you just confirm that your name is not Boris before we continue this conversation?

Back