Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach 5th seat to se

brad63

brad63

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Ok there is a lot of talk about the 5th seat my Cali is 3 rail and looking to add the 5th seat is the beach and se seat transferable as in i can use a beach seat in my se

Thanks Brad

Yes all the same fixing just different fabric patterns. Caravelle ones are the same as well.

Thanks for the reply Andy

Buying extra seats from VW is expensive. . The April 2017 price list for California Beach vans gives the cost of including 2 second row seats in a new vehicle as either £756 or £1086 depending on child seat configuration (these prices include VAT). The quote I have received from VW is approx. £2,322.00 EX VAT (for each additional seat). This, the cost of fitting new seats provided by VW to a 5 seat van (with the four rail system) is 5 or 6 times the cost of supply with a new van.

I asked VW customer care to explain why the cost was so much greater than supply with a new van. There answer follows:

'Thank you for your enquiry regarding the pricing of parts which are made available direct from factory. I apologise for the delay in my response.

I can confirm that the price which has been given from our Volkswagen Van Centre in Kettering is the one which has been given from factory and will not change. I understand that the seats are a considerable amount more expensive than what it would be as a factory option, but there is no influence either Customer Care or the Van Centre can have on this.

I understand that this was not the answer you were hoping for but there is no information we can advise you on why parts have been given a particular price from factory.'

In other words, VW UK does not know why the cost is so different. It's a weird culture at VW; it's a shame they are still not very customer focused.