Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Camper owner from Belgium

Kemper-van

Kemper-van

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Just a quick introduction: after renting different makes and models of campervans in the past 10 years, we recently bought a new Beach Camper 4motion 150bhp DSG with 5 seats! Very happy with it so far, just completed a first trip with it (me, my wife + 3 kids).
From previous experience, I like having a small kitchen unit in the back vs cooking inside. So we installed a vangear mini pod in the boot (we did some small mods to it to make it fit) + 2 burner outwell stove. Cooking for 5 requires some fire power! The unit also holds our cutlery.

Nice to meet you all, and looking dorward to reading more of the pro-tips & tricks!

811B17E0-2AD5-40A3-88B5-D4D4C4F3BFD7.jpeg

:welcome Welcome to the forum. Looks a great set up.
Edit - How do you organise it for sleeping?

I pushed the multifex and bench a bit forward such that it sits just behind the kitchen unit. Under the multiflex and behind the kitchen unit I keep the grey & fresh water.
We can still make the bed: either with fully extended multiflex (a bit more difficult to enter the van) or with the small section of multiflex folded downward. Makes the bed a bit shorter but still more than enough for the 3 kids, but no issue to get inside.

I’m still planning to make an extra piece of extension next to the kitchen: that would allow me to also sleep downstairs (I’m over 1.85, so the lower bed is in any case too short for me otherwise).

next on the list is some kind of ceiling bag to get easier access to clothes, without loosing our outside views.

I should maybe add this kitchen pod is really not very deep at some 30-ish centimeters.

I pushed the multifex and bench a bit forward such that it sits just behind the kitchen unit. Under the multiflex and behind the kitchen unit I keep the grey & fresh water.
We can still make the bed: either with fully extended multiflex (a bit more difficult to enter the van) or with the small section of multiflex folded downward. Makes the bed a bit shorter but still more than enough for the 3 kids, but no issue to get inside.

I’m still planning to make an extra piece of extension next to the kitchen: that would allow me to also sleep downstairs (I’m over 1.85, so the lower bed is in any case too short for me otherwise).

next on the list is some kind of ceiling bag to get easier access to clothes, without loosing our outside views.
I agree. For someone taller to sleep downstairs with that taller unit, it will need some adapting.

Et voilà: small and simple bed extenstion realized this weekend, allowing myself to sleep downstairs as wel when i feel like it.
Still needs a cushion though, which I will order somewhere locally to be made to measurements.

FB46CD99-A050-4ECB-A56B-B9618AB80F20.jpeg

Welcome!
Looks nice and "simple clean"! Enjoy your new van!
Only had the chance to visit your wonderful county one time - hope to repeat that great trip!

Back