Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Fridge

K

Kevs172

Hi everyone,I have just purchased a new Beach with the 3 seat rear bench.Which fridge/cool box would you recommend?
Thanks
Kevin

The Waeco compressor driven ones are excellent. Great cooling and low power consumption. Not cheap I'm afraid but can sometimes get a bargain on evil bay.
Cheaper thermoelectric ones are an option but can struggle in very hot conditions and use more power.

We have a Waeco 35l fridge/2 seater Beach set up...........Brilliant.

We bought a cheap 12/240 one from lidl.

Fits between the front seat and the luggage box in the 2 seat Beach and doesn't rattle about as the vertical lip on the luggage box holds it in. You have to get used to how low/high to set it but it works fine for us and what it cost is a great buy.

I guess with the 3 seat Beach you'd need to have a fridge strapped down or load it in the back.

We bought a waeco cdf11 which sits nicely between the front seats
Its quite small only 11 litres. We have been away a few times for weekends and it works brilliantly
Its very quiet and it will freeze stuff so it could be used inconjunction with an ordinary coolbox for longer trips
Again it wasnt cheap (we got ours on Ebay £200) but worth looking at

We got the waeco cfx40, it's amazing. Sits in behind the passenger seat or under the 3 seater multiflex board. Would definitely recommend it as it has come in very handy even outside the camper use for parties etc as a 240v beer fridge"

We use the Waeco cdf11 and its brilliant. Maintains 3 degrees even in Greece (40+). Holds enough beer and food for evening meal. Use a 12v converter when plugged in on site.

Joseph said:
Its quite small only 11 litres. We have been away a few times for weekends and it works brilliantly
Its very quiet and it will freeze stuff so it could be used inconjunction with an ordinary coolbox for longer trips

Have you any pictures of the cdf11 sat between the seats ? We looked at this model at the NEC this weekend and it could be a option for us.

Jaydub said:
Joseph said:

Have you any pictures of the cdf11 sat between the seats ? We looked at this model at the NEC this weekend and it could be a option for us.

I'd be interested too.... It looks likely to be very tight, especially with the hand brake lever up.

Would love to hear how you have got on with it.

Sorry for delay in answering just seen your questions
I will take some pictures tomorrow
The handbrake is a little awkward to use but you get used to it

Joseph said:
Sorry for delay in answering just seen your questions
I will take some pictures tomorrow
The handbrake is a little awkward to use but you get used to it

Thank you, that would be great.

We bought 2 cheap ones before buying the waeco 18 fridge. It has been brilliant!

Thanks for the photo!!.. it looks tight, but maybe that's not so bad!!

I guess the hand brake is a little awkward, but a great use of the space!!

Fridge is tight fit which is good whilst travelling and it can be slid forward or back

image.jpg image.jpg

Trying to upload photos but im not very good at this keep getting message not enough content :headbang :headbang

Brilliant,thank you. Looks made to measure.one of those added to the shopping list.

Thanks for the replies.We have just been away for the first time and loved it.
The cool box that came with the van is useless though!Might go for a cdf-18?
Thanks
Kevin

Yes you can use handbrake
It's very tight and fiddly but I feel it's worth it to have Fridge there

Thanks.
Would you say you could easily use the hand break in an emergency?

I would say its a lot easier to pull up than to release
Hopefully I will never find that one out

very interesting idea, and what's the swiveling action like on the front seats with the fridge in b/w the 2 seats - is there enough room left to turn?

Great info everyone - thanks. Sorry, I'm a bit (read: 'a lot') technically challenged. Which plug socket should I use? Will it drain the main battery or the leisure battery?