Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Handbook

Grey one

Grey one

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Fellow campers,

Just collected my new gleaming Beach with lots of bits that at present do not appear to include corrosion

My handbooks consisted of a 300 page plus Owners Manual titled "Multivan, Business" and a 73 page California Suppliment dated September 2016.

I found instruction for the factory fitted parking heater within the suppliment. The instruction is however for what may be an old model with a dial to turn for the temperature. The heater in the vehicle has a digital control unit.

Does anyone with a newish vehicle have the same problem and do I have an out of date or inappropriate book?

I have a T6 Beach and my manual was all in one and is similar to the one uploaded in the downloads section in this forum (available to VIP's). Both Ocean and Beach variants are covered with the various differences explained. Hope that helps.

I have a T6 Beach and my manual was all in one and is similar to the one uploaded in the downloads section in this forum (available to VIP's). Both Ocean and Beach variants are covered with the various differences explained. Hope that helps.
That helps greatly thanks. For some bizarre reason I have some weird concoction. I will get straight on to the dealer tomorrow. Regards

[
Hello Grey One,

Re your Heater Controls, have a look on page 254 and onward of the thick book, for illustrations and instructions for the Auxiliary Heater in the Beach. Should solve the problem.

[
Hello Grey One,

Re your Heater Controls, have a look on page 254 and onward of the thick book, for illustrations and instructions for the Auxiliary Heater in the Beach. Should solve the problem.
Hi,

Thanks for the post re the heater. I am almost there! I cannot however get the heater to come on at set times. I have noticed that, try as I may, unlike in the video that others have pointed me towards, I cannot get the day to appear on the display next to the time. I only ever get the time on its own. Would you know if I should get both to appear as in the video? It's driving me mad! Gareth

Hi,

Thanks for the post re the heater. I am almost there! I cannot however get the heater to come on at set times. I have noticed that, try as I may, unlike in the video that others have pointed me towards, I cannot get the day to appear on the display next to the time. I only ever get the time on its own. Would you know if I should get both to appear as in the video? It's driving me mad! Gareth

Sorry for the delay. I have been working on this for the last hour and after totally ignoring the book did get the days and times to show, but not in the way the book directs. Everything seems to work randomly. The problem then was that it would not work on demand, but was waiting for the programed start time! I have just spent another hour disabling the programed times and bingo it works with the on/off switch once again!
If you are any nearer to solving this German conundrum please let me know.

Sorry for the delay. I have been working on this for the last hour and after totally ignoring the book did get the days and times to show, but not in the way the book directs. Everything seems to work randomly. The problem then was that it would not work on demand, but was waiting for the programed start time! I have just spent another hour disabling the programed times and bingo it works with the on/off switch once again!
If you are any nearer to solving this German conundrum please let me know.
I can 1) turn it on and of manually, 2) get the date on the screen ie when the door opens but not the time as well, 3) set time and day for on and off for 3 different days/times and 4 ) get one of those 3 programmed options to operate automatically as per the timings. But I can only do that for 1 of the 3 programmed options. The one that works appears to be the one that appears in a little circle in the top left. So if a number 1 is in the circle, programme 1 comes on as per timings. Not sure if you can ever get to all 3 coming on one after the other. In frustration.... Gareth

Forgot to mention
I can 1) turn it on and of manually, 2) get the date on the screen ie when the door opens but not the time as well, 3) set time and day for on and off for 3 different days/times and 4 ) get one of those 3 programmed options to operate automatically as per the timings. But I can only do that for 1 of the 3 programmed options. The one that works appears to be the one that appears in a little circle in the top left. So if a number 1 is in the circle, programme 1 comes on as per timings. Not sure if you can ever get to all 3 coming on one after the other. In frustration.... Gareth
Forgot to mention, the trick appears to be holding down the top right button for a few seconds.

Back