Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Kitchen and Storage Pods

Good looking pod similar to the Vanessa one. I still prefer the maxxcamp compact pod or the slidepod inside pod if it ever appears!

Yes me too Dave. I'm still hoping for an inslide pod at some point, to leave in the van full time. I have ordered a slidepod multipod though for holidays and for use on campervancookout,com. I was very lucky earlier in the year to see a mock up inslidepod and it looked great but I know they've had a mass of interest in the regular slidepods which has probably got in the way of the further development.

The "willy" looks quite nice (not something i expected to be posting on the internet) but for me a little utilitarian, I like the idea of custom colours and something that looks campervan like.

Last edited:
Yes I want something like the compact which does look campervan like similar in style to westfalia interiors. Slidepod is great but with 3 kids I really need all the boot space when I'm away. If the inside pod hadn't been mentioned I would have bought maxxcamp after I saw one in the summer.

I would really like to have the time to devote a couple of weeks to dinishing off the inslide pod however the last 16 months has been a rollercoaster ride that seems to just keep on getting faster..... i started making the first slidepods in my garage and today we have x2 industrial units converting vans and manufacturing slidepods non stop. Currently our conversion workshop is nearly fully booked until mid May and regarding RnD i cant see myself having a spare second until at least May / June due to what I currently have on my plate and I would never bring something to market just to make a quick buck and without giving the design and testing the time it deserves.

If you look on their website the pictures of it along with the cooler show it with a camping gaz stove. Must agree great price and looks spot on for size. Hope they exhibit at the camping show next month, even if they don’t I think it’s worth trying as they look well priced to me.

Here for those who have not worked it out: http://www.vangear.co.uk/

Its shown on the pic next to the opening door as the van in the pictures has two doors. It is designed to be fixed to either the non door side or the door side if you want to use while outside the vehicle, Clever.

I am am viewing/buying at their factory later this week and will report.

Here is the stove element for the NANO POD:

stove-for-nano-pod-138-p[ekm]255x130[ekm].jpg

Last edited:
Keep us informed how you get on, I’d like to see a photo of the waste water side to see if there is any room left once the bottles are in.

If anyone is looking for a Reimo pantry unit we have just listed ours on flea-bay, Northampton area.

They are a great little unit.

Not sure if selling it is the right thing to do or not to be honest !

Just looked at the listing, what’s the reason for the sale? We looked at those amongst others, still not spent the money on one and have made do with an Ikea unit for a few years now.

Just looked at the listing, what’s the reason for the sale? We looked at those amongst others, still not spent the money on one and have made do with an Ikea unit for a few years now.

We also have an IKEA Alex drawer unit. Basically the way we camp (family of 4 with 2 small boys) I think we get more benefit from the additional storage space in the Alex than we do from having the sink in the Reimo!

Yes it’s room v storage for us as there are 5 of us! Maxxcamp compact still looks the best compromise to me, but no uk supplier and high cost has always put me off along with uncertain customer service, still no rely to and email enquiry about 1 year ago! They must realise I can’t really afford or justify one:(

Yes that’s the one, a bit bigger than the vangear one you were looking at and a lot more money too.

Recently I saw a picture somewhere of a Beach (3-seater bench) with a pod that attaches to the side rail (where the table is supposed to attach) and "hangs" in there. It had at least cooking fires, can't remember if it had a sink as well. I remember when I saw it it was a great idea as the problem with kitchen pods in a 5 seater beach has always been making it small enough so the bed can still be made. But if the pod (or left part of it) could be folded upwards towards the windows, the loss in space would be very minimum when sleeping, while stil having a complete sideways mounted kitchen (as in the non-beach cali) that provides anything.
Problem: can't find the picture back. Think I saw it on pinterest..

Anyone has it?
Otherwise.. anyone interested in creating a protoype of this idea?
So a kitchen pod in two parts
- A left part floating and attached to the side rail (only like 10cm thick) and foldable upwards towards the window. Bench when folded flat easily fits onder
- A right part , full pod to the floor, same height, containing sink/water supply/ and room for cutlery etc. I think this could be the perfect hybrid Beach kitchen pod.

Who's with me on creating a prototype?

Edit: Found the picture back! It's actually a *genuine* VW Accessory for T6.1 beach!!

So could this work for T5.2 beach? I guess the side ride in itself hasn't changed?!

There is a video of it, it actually slides into the side panel and you pull it up and out to get access.

I suspect the parts may fit, there was a thread where a few folks discussed this update.

I found it

Back