Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Matress

T

tritone30

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I am having trouble with my comfort mattress in my new Beach. When I try to join it together the zip seems to be on the wrong side, making it very difficult to join. I can't see how this could be done inside the van in bad weather. Also, once the two sections are joined the mattress won't fold for storage on the back shelf without being unzipped, and then having to go through the whole process again every evening. Any tips and where am I going wrong?

Forget my previous, if I had spent a little longer figuring it out it would have become obvious how to connect and stow. All now sorted and stowed on the rear shelf!

Forget my previous, if I had spent a little longer figuring it out it would have become obvious how to connect and stow. All now sorted and stowed on the rear shelf!

Would be nice you let us know how it eventually supposed to work .....would help other newbie Beach owners to resolve their matrass problems;)
Few pic's might help.
There's loads of info and pictures on the forum regarding SE/Ocean problems but when it comes to Beach issues there are many blind spots in troublleshooting
Beachowners do some more effort please:thumb

You are right, Hotel California and so here is the method of unpacking from new and stowing the Beach three seat comfort mattress.
Once you remove the separate mattresses from their packaging zip section 1&2 to section three. Very tricky to do in the van, best done in the house on the lounge floor with the help of she who knows best. To locate the two parts of the zip raise sections 2 and 3 to a vertical position and engage zip. (Keep trying it will become obvious) Once together lay the mattress flat, soft side up hard side down. To fold for easy stowage on the rear shelf: From the bottom fold section 3 over 1&2. Fold section 3 in half once again over itself. Lift section 1-2 on top of these. Section 1 is now on top, now roll the folded mattress OVER to sit neatly on the rear shelf.
I have a very short video but not cleaver enough to upload!

I am having trouble with my comfort mattress in my new Beach. When I try to join it together the zip seems to be on the wrong side, making it very difficult to join. I can't see how this could be done inside the van in bad weather. Also, once the two sections are joined the mattress won't fold for storage on the back shelf without being unzipped, and then having to go through the whole process again every evening. Any tips and where am I going wrong?
Just after we purchased our seven seat Beach, I asked Nick at Comfortz Leisure if he could make us a water proof mattress cover for the VW comfort mattress. With our little crew it's better to be safe than sorry!
With this cover fitted there is no need to use the fiddly and easily damaged mattress zips as the cover has velcro joining tapes to hold the two parts together. If you wanted one of these covers I am sure he would make you one. He now has the patterns. If you are interested here is my review on this cover:
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t6-beach-seven-seat-downstairs-waterproof-mattress-cover.14828/

Please take photos how to do it as we have just bought a beach and have exactly the same problem. I could not follow your instructions as section 1 could be boot end or the othe and not sure which side up the mattress should be.

Definitely needs a You Tube video which I ll do once I know

Thanks

I bought one of these, covered with a cotton sheet, and it worked brilliantly. It rolls up neatly to a diameter of 20cm and stows perfectly on the shelf. Here it is in use.
IMG_2334.JPG

I bought one of these, covered with a cotton sheet, and it worked brilliantly. It rolls up neatly to a diameter of 20cm and stows perfectly on the shelf. Here it is in use.
View attachment 19634
Great photo- both look like they are having fun.

Our problem is we have bought the comfort mattress which i love but i cant fold it back up without undoing the zips. Driving me mad!

You are right, Hotel California and so here is the method of unpacking from new and stowing the Beach three seat comfort mattress.
Once you remove the separate mattresses from their packaging zip section 1&2 to section three. Very tricky to do in the van, best done in the house on the lounge floor with the help of she who knows best. To locate the two parts of the zip raise sections 2 and 3 to a vertical position and engage zip. (Keep trying it will become obvious) Once together lay the mattress flat, soft side up hard side down. To fold for easy stowage on the rear shelf: From the bottom fold section 3 over 1&2. Fold section 3 in half once again over itself. Lift section 1-2 on top of these. Section 1 is now on top, now roll the folded mattress OVER to sit neatly on the rear shelf.
I have a very short video but not cleaver enough to upload!

Back