Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Ordered

surfbus

surfbus

VIP Member
Hi Guys,
Just ordered a new Beach for March delivery.
Went for Milan Anthracite upholstery as it seemed the more practical option but dealer didn't have any examples in stock.
Does anyone have this coloured fabric? Any pics available that show the contrast with the classic grey interior?
Disappointed that "Mains Electric Hook Up" was not available for the Beach, I had wrongly assumed that this was the option called "Electrical Interface".
Stuck with Natural Grey ....... Blackberry looked wonderful under the showroom lights, but life's to short for all that washing and polishing to keep it looking that way ..... apologies to all Blackberry owners. ;) ....... it does look great!
Cheers,
Bill

I have been told by dealer that hookup is now standard with Beach so should come with it in March.

Thanks Rob,
Just spoke with VW Customer Services and they (Mathew) confirmed that the "Electric Interface" option on the Beach is a 240v hookup with 2 x internal sockets.
However, the "Electrical Interface" option on other T5's is something totally different.
Very confusing, but the sales people should have access to this info.
Mr Frustrated !

Yes, hook up definitely now included as standard on the Beach...all vehicles ordered after 1st Nov I think. My order went in a month too early - doh!! But, i'm sure there will always be something new I'll be frustrated about missing, and at least I now have my beach (also Natural grey!) before my old car conked out completely!

Gratz on your new beach, I thought too the electrical interface was 240v hook-up.

//Mart.

Latest Update in Mains Hookup saga.
My VW salesman has just phoned me and said that his contact within VW Support has confirmed that as of week 45 the hookup is now standard on the Beach and not an option.
but until I see it in writing I will still be a bit sceptical...... and probably remain that way until it arrives.

I would not worry that much about the hook-up as about the Webasto heating (and air conditioning, although less important). Have you choosen these options?

Andresz said:
I would not worry that much about the hook-up as about the Webasto heating (and air conditioning, although less important). Have you choosen these options?

Absolutely!!
140 DSG BluMo.
Driver Pack: F/R Parking Sensors. MF Steering Wheel, Rain Sensors & Auto dim rear view
Tour Pack: Flashlight, Black Awning, Comfort Mattress. Extra opening window in side door.
Climatronic
Parking Heater with remote
DAB ( will fit aftermarket radio/sat nav later)
Removable Tow Bar
Heated Front Seats
3 Seater Bench +2 additional single seats
Electric Side Door
Electric Latch on Tailgate
Front Fogs
Folding Door Mirrors
Mud Flaps
Heated Washer Jets
Privacy Glass
Smoking Pack
Alloy Spare Wheel
Dark Anthracite Upholstery
I did forget to add the tailgate spoiler but that is a dealer fit anyway.

Ok ........ what else did I miss :?:

Bill

Andresz said:

I had the same ambivalence about electrical hookup and one of the reason why I didn't care about it when I went for the Beach. I'm off to New Zealand with mine next year and when there earlier this year I noticed that all the best pitches and areas to camp did not have electrical hook up. If you wanted EHU you were cramped in with everyone else, without it there was a great choice of pitches. Besides, all those hiring motor homes used the campsite kitchen, toilets, washing facilities etc rather than those in the campervan. So I think the minimalist Beach is ideal.

Its good that EHU will be standard going forward, but unsure how much use I would get from it. (I'm not like some Cali owners on here who forego the comfy bed at home to sleep in the Cali on the drive :shocked)

I admit to looking at getting Webasto heating installed after seeing some installations on here. Any advice from NZ members on whether I'll need it?

Andy