Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach owners needing a heater on a (very cheap) budget?

Wow that is cheap. I am very much in two minds. Seems good value for the money but I've also been stung by chinese manufacturing several times before which makes me cautious. Often buying cheap means buying a better one later down the road.

It seems to work well and looks tidy too, draws a bit more power than my webasto looking at his tests. I just don't know if I'd be comfortable with it under my van, until I've seen how they do longer term. Something that burns fuel you don't want corner cutting on safety and doubt this has the relevant test marks. I think I'd wait and see how they go down.

Ironically I have a eberspacher for my T25 that needs repairing but it would be cheaper to just buy one of those. :eek:

It's hard to decide isn't it? Has to be good for competition though.

I'm not sure Matt - if I had a Beach I'd be tempted to take a punt for sure. No need for servicing etc (that would probably cost £ x 2 of these) just replace the main unit once every two years! :D

Silly, silly cheap but they have to be safe so I'd do a bit more research first but they are relatively simple things inside and very overpriced from the 'big names'.

Looks like a very good copy of the Eberspacer D2, the one I have on a boat packed up the other week I recon it will be thick end of £300 notes to get it repaired and its not the first time.

There is a whole facebook page on the subject some good reviews

Got me one Chinese as well (for a boat). 5kw with LCD Control Switch and Silencer for 165€!
And it works just fine, now already some month.
I did have quite some problems shipping it in. In fact the package got flown in from Singapore after some days, but then it got stuck for nearly six weeks at Belgium customs with the remark that they didn't believe the product was so cheap! So I had to send them my invoice. Then they asked for the proof of my payment, which also took me weeks to get it (I paid with Visa, from which I only get monthly records, so I asked my bank an intermediate proof of the payment, who then sent me to Visa, who after weeks asked to write in English, who then sent me back to my bank, who then sent me to Atos credit cards,...,... It got me heated even without any diesel...:rage

Presumably the customs were happy to accept import of what is patently a rip off copy of the original Eberspacher D2//4 heater.

Back