Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Purchase:

robjr

robjr

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My first post - so 'Hello' to all!

Finally decided to take the plunge, and I'm 90% sure the Beach is the one for us, as we need the three seats in the back occasionally.

Being slightly impatient, I'm having to make do with the vehicles available in the network at the moment, one of which is almost perfect. The spec is as follows:

150 DSG
Indium grey
Adaptive cruise
MFSW
Discover media
Heated seats
Parking sensors and camera
Parking heater
Power latching for sliding door
Bed extension mattress

The grand total is 49.4k!

A few questions:

How much discount should I be angling for on such a vehicle, I've seen 8-11% mentioned in other posts
Are upgrades such as LED lights, fog lights, DLR's easy to retro fit? Should the dealer be able to do this?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome , there are posts in where others have discussed various discounts
Don't think you will save money with afthermarket LED lights , better spec your Cali from new with things you want ...if you start leaving things behind on your order you will end up as you say 90% sure

Proper VW LED lights including DRLs are over £3k to have retrofitted by Hazzydayz! And there don't seem to be any road legal alternatives yet.

The standard H4s are very poor. At minimum you will want to upgrade the bulbs.

Discounts obtained by others are only a guide. They depend on far to many factors, state of market, supply, personal haggling skills etc etc.

As for retrofitting I agree with the above. Cali is a disgraceful price already. My advice is if you can afford it don't be disappointed. I have the LED lights and have now forgotten the pain of ticking that option box, age has its virtues.

Mike

Thank you for the replies.

The issue I have is the van is already built, whilst it's pretty much as I would spec it, I wasn't sure if the light upgrade was something a dealer can undertake, in particular installing fog lights.

With regards to discount: guess I'll have to try my luck and see where we end up...

Any retrofitting will be more complex, expensive and in some cases almost not possible.
So just put everything you could possibly need.
It is better to regret you've put something you don't use than vice versa ;)

Proper VW LED lights including DRLs are over £3k to have retrofitted by Hazzydayz! And there don't seem to be any road legal alternatives yet.

The standard H4s are very poor. At minimum you will want to upgrade the bulbs.
If you go for exterior pack you'll get the fog lights and the H7 bulbs (as on Ocean) rather than the much maligned standar H4 headlights.
Despite the cost, I wish I'd done LED just for how cool they look!

Finally decided to take the plunge, and I'm 90% sure the Beach is the one for us, as we need the three seats in the back occasionally.

Being slightly impatient, I'm having to make do with the vehicles available in the network at the moment, one of which is almost perfect. The spec is as follows:

150 DSG
Indium grey
Adaptive cruise
MFSW
Discover media
Heated seats
Parking heater
Bed extension mattress

A few questions:

How much discount should I be angling for on such a vehicle, I've seen 8-11% mentioned in other posts
Are upgrades such as LED lights, fog lights, DLR's easy to retro fit? Should the dealer be able to do this?

Thank you in advance!
Comfort lighting (the interior lights for pop top and boot) are worth it in my opinion. I have also loved having app connect. Both of which can't be retro fit. :(

In my (limited) experience dealers won't give you any discount on vehicles that they have in stock. Those I've attempted to haggle with simply say they'll sell everything and don't need to discount.

It seems to be used as a reward for those who spec their own and are prepared to wait?

I have found on stock Cali's not much movement re discount on price they have on them but extra's may be the way to go once if no movement further on price look at extra's they will through in. We got extra 2 year warranty and rejected the offer of bike rack and went for side bars. We got unregistered Van to spec I wanted with only a week's wait.

Sounds like a good spec to me.

As above, VW can't (or won't) retrofit LED headlights as it's more complex than just swapping the lamps out - from factory the option includes a self levelling system. The standard T6 lights aren't that great on dip, so if you do a lot of night driving then LEDs are a good option to have, but not vital IMO.

Standard lights have a non-LED always-on DRL / 'sidelights' already & you can retrofit proper bumper LED DRLs. I've not seen fog lights retrofitted, but it should be doable.

My T6 was pre-registered but zero miles & I was able to get a small discount for that. Be realistic though & don't beat yourself up about it, it's not hard for them to shift an immediately available new Cali the week before May half-term & they know it.

don't bother with that xenon external lighting pack. What's the point? you get perfectly good standard lights on the front and back that are provided

don't bother with that xenon external lighting pack. What's the point? you get perfectly good standard lights on the front and back that are provided
The standard head lights on a T6 Beach are at best poor. Most, if not all small cars costing a fraction of the price of a Beach have much better headlighting so why have VW fitted these nasty one candle powered units?

The standard head lights on a T6 Beach are at best poor. Most, if not all small cars costing a fraction of the price of a Beach have much better headlighting so why have VW fitted these nasty one candle powered units?
To get you to upgrade

With the yellow beach the exterior pack has to be added which means you get the H7 upgrade to make it like the standard Ocean headlights. Not amazing but adequate. The standard beach bulbs are rubbish by all accounts. Just nip over to the t6 forum and you'll see that many are concerned that the standard bulbs are even safe.

150 DSG
Indium grey
Adaptive cruise
MFSW
Discover media
Heated seats
Parking heater
Bed extension mattress

A few questions:

Thank you in advance!

Hi Robjr,
So, did you manage to buy the van you were after and did discount negotiations go well?!?! Hope you have your Cali now!