Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach roof Gas Strut length?

owen_h

owen_h

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
After a bit of info from fellow Beach owners please.
I am trying to change the gas struts for the elevating roof, couple of reasons, I think they have lost a bit of pressure over the 10 years and also I have one of the excellent Kombi Rak roof bar system on there 95% of the time which adds some extra weight. Anyway I ordered some based on the part number 7HO 067 053 01S / 9573YK and asked the company to increase the pressure from 450 to 600N. All good until I fitted them and then tried to close the roof. It wouldn't fully close as the compressed struts bottom out.
Issue is that the gas cylinder part is longer on the replacement than the original VW ones so they dont fit in the gap available.
Could anyone else with a Beach measure the cylinder (wide gas filled part) for me please. I was measuring from the pivot pin to end of the cylinder where the shaft emerges. And If its not ~ 505mm do you have a different part number printed on the strut.
I will obviously need to get a strut that fits but curious if there is a difference out there as the company says they have sold many in the past without issue.
Many thanks,
Owen

Did these replacements come from SGS? I’m having the same issue!

Thanks, I’m after a Uk supplier ideally as we are leaving on Thursday for a couple of weeks away

Thanks, I’m after a Uk supplier ideally as we are leaving on Thursday for a couple of weeks away
Below are in the UK can make to any spec, just give them the measurements…although they probably know the physical dimensions of Cali struts, so would just need the N rating.

Back