Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Specific Pucer Screen

jamesC

jamesC

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I wondered if a beach specific pucer thermal roof screen existed anywhere yet??

Pucer works fine, but where do you store it? Under the mattress according to the manufacturer but it's very bulky IMHO. I need a helping hand to do that.

Another year has passed and I'm about to embark on some more chilly camping this weekend!

Has anybody ever had a specific "Beach" Pucer made... and if so, where did you get it?

Thanks

James

A drawing made from my measurements for anybody that might need this in the future.

Attachments

• Cali Beach Pucer.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 47
Just rounding this off, I bought a pucer insulated topper from http://shop.darenpucerscreens.co.uk/ in the end. After much discussion we settled on something he calls a "Cali SWB 2009", and it fits beautifully on the Beach roof.

Tested it this weekend, and it kept the rain and early morning sun out, along with quite a bit of noise.

£125 well spent!

Hi James, thanks for the posting... I had never heard of these roof screens. do you consider them to be better than the Cali Toppers?

Steve

We used to have a Pucer but found it had a massive down-side! The joy of sleeping upstairs is waking up in the roof bed and you can open the window and look out to a superb view or an amazing sunrise ( or be nosey at your neighbours ) The Pucer is good in the Winter if really cold but we decided it was not practical in spring/summer so we decided to ditch it and get a Comfortz topper with windows. Also the Pucer does take up quite a bit of room compared to other toppers , the comfortz one just slides into the chairs in the tailgate

Hi James, thanks for the posting... I had never heard of these roof screens. do you consider them to be better than the Cali Toppers?

Steve
Not better, but certainly an option to consider. As Kirk has said, you lose the upstairs zip windows, but we sleep downstairs with our little one upstairs.

We also have a california-camping mutze cap, which is more similar to that offered by Comfortz, and if I am camping alone during the spring or summer, I would probably choose this, although I find the pucer easier to fit solo.

I hope this helps