Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Table advice

ibis64

ibis64

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I have a 2015 Beach picked it up a couple of weeks ago and have just got round to putting the table up inside. The problem is there's no clips or fasteners on the table to enable it to fit inside the slot on the back panel. Am I missing something here? Looking in the manual it appears that there should be two pull out clips on the back of the table that pull out and fit into the slot.

I am thinking that I may have table from an SE?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks for that Rippers, mine definitely doesn't have the clips, I think the SE's doesn't have the clips so looks like I have a table for an SE.

Thanks again
Ian

Looks like from 2012 VW stopped putting the clips on the table, however you can purchase the clips so that you can rivet them on yourself. LOL!

Am I the only person who didn't realize this!

Our October 2014 built Beach has the clips, i have just walked out to have a look. If the clips had been dropped then no point having the rail either.

Last edited:
Yes that's my thoughts entirely can anyone else who has a 2015 Beach check to see if their table has the clips as SMG are telling me that they were dropped after 2012.

As said I cant believe that's the case so if anyone who has a 2015 Beach wouldn't mind doing a quick check I would appreciate it before I start complaining.

We also have a 2014 Beach definitely with clips on our table.
Used them this morning when working with my laptop in the van.

Apparently according to Steve at SMG I can order a pre 2012 complete table that has the clips for best part of 300 quid, have now logged a call with VW Customer Service.

Cant find any clips but the table goes into the slot in the van "wall" aluminium strip lift the table to the horizontal and drop 2 legs and it seems to me to be secure

My 2015 beach has clips that fold out and hang on the slot if needed, I prefer just to use 4 legs rather than 2 legs and clipping.

Thank you for all of the replies. There seem to be a lot of variations, some have the clips some don't I have logged a call with VW for clarification.

Thanks again
Ian

Our 2014/15 Beach has clips. They slot into the side groove. If your Beach has a groove and the table has no clips, then I'd say this was a mistake.

after a month since I bought the beach I already broke one of the clips... better to use 4 legs...

My 2015 Beach does have clips

Thanks for all of the replies. It looks as though it was a factory mistake. Although I was clearly told by SMG that those clips have never been supplied on Beaches (tables) after MY2012 and they advised me to contact VWCS, which I duly did and its now being sorted.

I was about to post the same question then found this post, My T6 Cali Beach has no clips only 4 legs and 1 adjusting wheel to level, is this now standard on the T6 ?

Our 2016 beach table has the clips. Bought from SMG!
I suspect that when VW run out of beach specific tables they use SE / Ocean ones instead as they are the same other than the clips.
We haven't used the table much inside but the clips do keep it a lot more stable especially if you have kids and a dog!

Thx for that Archie, do you have the part numbers ?
I can give Steve at Smg Cowfold a call :thumb

image.jpeg Kev
This was the table supplied with the van, it wasn't bought separately so I don't know for sure what the part number is.
Looking at the table there is a sticker with some info on it that may be the part number. See the photo.
We bought from SMG Tonbridge, but either way SMG Cowfolds assertion that the tables with clips haven't been supplied for the last few years is clearly wrong.

When my t6 came I spotted it had no clips on the table. Got the dealer to swap it for a table in their demo beach which did have the clips. Definitely something to add to the check list!

View attachment 14288 Kev
This was the table supplied with the van, it wasn't bought separately so I don't know for sure what the part number is.
Looking at the table there is a sticker with some info on it that may be the part number. See the photo.
We bought from SMG Tonbridge, but either way SMG Cowfolds assertion that the tables with clips haven't been supplied for the last few years is clearly wrong.

Sorry Archie I read your reply as you had bought the clips from SMG, I did not buy my Beach from them but are my usual local dealer.

I will make a few calls this week thx for the part numbers.

Kev

Back