Beach table - repair the surface?

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
My beach table has got a deep dent in it, a bungee came loose and the Waeco slid into it. I have since purchased a waeco fixing kit but now I need some kind of board to fix it to to fix to the rails.

On my pristine Beach its starting to irritate me that the table is dented. However I can't justify £250 to get a new table thats just a rip off.

I've been pondering just retopped it, a few suggested filling the hole and covering with vinyl but I suspect the repair will show and the finish may not work well as the alum top is slightly textured. The legs seem riveted so it seems unlikely I can use them on another table top.

I was wondering if it was possible to remove the moulding from the sides, add a new top, trim and replace or reattach the moulding? Anyone tried to dismantle one of these tables?

What about a dents away type person? Worth showing one your table to see what he says.

Dibond Matt! See my kitchen pod topic - you can get it thicker I think than 3mm or could sandwich a couple.

The people who sell it on eBay or direct (I think I named them in the other topic) can cut if for you and radius the corners but it is easy to do with a chop saw or even manually and you can radius the corners with basic tools.

Although my other option is to fill the hole and stick a strategically placed vinyl decal over it ;) but Im not sure how long it would last.

Wow that looks a really nice finish! Did you print the design on it?

I guess I could fill the hole and then use something like this. Lovely finish.

Wow that looks a really nice finish! Did you print the design on it?

I guess I could fill the hole and then use something like this. Lovely finish.
No Matt, that is how the vinyl came. I will send you the link

Any special advice regarding sticking it down as the table top is slightly textured?

Hi WelshGas, just make sure it is clean then use panel wipe, mines been on for all most 2 years, its very hard wearing.
That wrap looks great! Could you post the link pleae

That wrap looks superb, could you post the link please?

Although my other option is to fill the hole and stick a strategically placed vinyl decal over it ;) but Im not sure how long it would last.
Hi Matt, I dinged my side box and filled the whole with filler and got our local sign place to cover it with vinyl. The filler was a dark grey kitchen filler from B and Q, a small tube. It's so good I've forgotten it ever happened! I know it's not textured like the original surface but it's not an expensive job and you might be surprised.

I found a company who will custom print the vinyl

Hi @MattBW, did you ever get round to covering your table? I have been thinking about it and noticed your post with regards to a company who custom prints.

Could you tell me who that is? I’d quite like to get a map printed for the kids to follow our adventures.

Hi @MattBW, did you ever get round to covering your table? I have been thinking about it and noticed your post with regards to a company who custom prints.

Could you tell me who that is? I’d quite like to get a map printed for the kids to follow our adventures.

I didn’t do it yet sadly, a job for spring :) I’ll see if I can find the custom vinyl printing links I found.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eventually did it :)