Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Belgian Insurance...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
A new question... Belgian Insurance (Living in Brussels)...

The T4 Cali we're buying is from year 2000. Every company I've called so far is only willing to offer me third party insurance due to the vehicles age. They won't offer any theft or fire insurance as the vehicle is older than 12 years (their maximum). So.. i can get a third party quote, and at a 'reasonable' rate, but even though we're paying 20k+ for this Cali, i can't get it insured against theft!
Anyone in Belgium offer any advice to achieving this?
Thanks ;-)
Matt

Hello everyone! My Brussels based Cali Coast will be picked up next Wednesday, and i am just looking for insurance now. Any recommendations most welcome!

Hello everyone! My Brussels based Cali Coast will be picked up next Wednesday, and i am just looking for insurance now. Any recommendations most welcome!

Hi Babble,
I finally found this guy (Simon Provost: simon@provassur.be) who got me a great deal for my 2001 T4 (my issue was finding a company in Belgium to cover such an old vehicle for theft and fire - which most don't for vehicles older than 10 years - Simon got me the cover I was looking for). That won't be an issue for your T6, but get in touch with him, I'm sure he can get you a good deal... They're a small family business and offer a personal approach to customer service.
Hope it helps :thumb

Thanks very much for that! Glad you managed to get you van registered in the end. i went through that process here with a T2 many years ago, and it was quite something.

Yes, the registration process (to ensure it was known as a camper-van), was quite something - you really have to persevere... I sent many emails to the authorities to be sure to have it. Thankfully too , because now with the LEZ in Brussels we'd be screwed if it wasn't correctly classed as a camper...
So jumping from a T2 to a T6, quite a transition! Have fun! :cool:
Hope you manage a good quote - If you speak to Simon, then tell him I sent you ;) (Matt...)

well i might need to speak to Simon. Just had my current insurance phone me and say they won't insure a camping car as a principle car, you HAVE TO HAVE another car too!! WTF? i explained that it was a T6 california, not a normal giant campervan, so they are going to try again. How daft.

"I only use it for holidays and trips" i said. "i cycle in town and don't want another car".

reply: "that's just not possible". haha. dear god.

i might have to buy another car for €100 and insure it, just to get california insurance!

I don't have another car to insure... So he definitely overcame that issue... I would get in contact with him and see what he can do for you...

i've wirtten to him. Hope he is around. i need this ASAP!

so, my current insurance company have got back to me: €2600 for the year! blimey. punished for not having another car.

I don't have another car to insure... So he definitely overcame that issue... I would get in contact with him and see what he can do for you...
He has been a star. Looks like he may have saved me 800 euros! I owe you a drink too!

Back